ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it says. i just got a hand with lower tie bar. may try to custom it in. its a regular bar out on the market...can't yet mention its brand/name as its from my friends accessory store. but if it works/fits with maybe minor mods or no mods, i can take pics of it and show you guys my work.

any opinions guys? on self testing parts fitment?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
results:55% positive, 45% negative... give ur concensus.

well... tis done. it fits.
pros: somewhat tighten up the little wiggles from the diff play on higher mileage cars like mine...somewhat insignificant, but to me the mod is free, just that i'm the ginuea pig.

cons: the old bar is welded on to the side pieces.rendering that u either drill out or use both bars together.(no moddin req) but now the ground clearance is lower than the stock muffler.with my drop, its about 5-6 inches above ground making it risky for those residing in construction areas.

overall: insignificantly adds more stiffness to the car, but its there. may be a + 4 those who owns higher mileage cars that needs just a lil tightening due to worn bushings and such.

will try to post pics when camera source avail. try to imagine the lower tie bar on honda's on ur miata... its pretty much the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts