ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of people spraying a fabric paint on there faded stock seats, has anyone ever tried this, or know anything about it???

·
Banned
445 Posts
I have heard of people spraying a fabric paint on there faded stock seats, has anyone ever tried this, or know anything about it???
a friend of mine sprayed his faded ones after he put them in the (i dont knowe the right word for it) wet-cleaner-machine, they look very nice now, not like new but fine

·
CR.net Supporter
332 Posts
I sprayed my old "faded" gray seats last spring. The still look good. The only down side? At first the Seats had a "crusty" feel, but that went away after a few weeks.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I sprayed my old "faded" gray seats last spring. The still look good. The only down side? At first the Seats had a "crusty" feel, but that went away after a few weeks.
Ditto. I have sprayed many sets of Miata seats with good results. Just clean them first and spray only the fabric, dont spray the vinyl, that tends to flake/peel.
The "crusty" feel goes away after a bit.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Ive never used this stuff before, are there any issues of it rubbing off on clothes, etc?

·
CR.net Supporter
332 Posts
No problem rubbing off....My only goof was to paint the black vinyl part......The paint wouldn't flex on that part of the seat, and started to flake off.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just did it on mine they look a lot better, I bet if I did it one more time early next year they would look great. I recommend this to anyone with badly faded stock seats, you really cant lose its only 5 dollars a can.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Thats it, Im doin it, but maybe not until spring because its just too cool outside now. Do you guys have any reccomendations for products to clean the seats first?

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im unsure if you could change to a different color, It probably would work but Im sure it would take a lot of fabric paint

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
A few years back a friend of mine went over pieces of his red interior with black fabric spray.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts