1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
945 Posts
The typefaces in the FIA stickers are off. RECARO doesn't use Helvetica condensed or Arial Rounded MT. At least on any real RECARO's I've seen.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hmm the name of the seat is misspelled on the FIA Sticker, it says "Profischals", but a real one says "Profischale"

Still, **** is scary and makes you mad when you spend the cash for a real Recaro.

Real:

Fake

·
Registered
945 Posts
Here's the key to knowing if it's real or fake.

The kerning or letter-spacing between the R and O in RECARO is different in the fake and real stickers. Bang!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't mind buying replica seats, but fake certification stickers are straight-up wrong. Ebay should kick these guys off.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*Again, let's not turn this into a "is this a rep vs authentic seat?" thread. We're all smarter than that. Just amazed by the Recaro mfg sticker and FIA cert they are adding now.*

I was pointing out the lengths they were going to on these items now.

Obviously its easy to identify actual seats from the replicas and typically they are listed ast SPG "style" or Bride Vios "style" so it's very clear on ebay but just interesting that they are adding the badging now.

Here's some of the marking on my SPG. I'll have to dig around and see if I took anymore. They also don't seem to include build date "punch". None the less I'd be very interested in buying a rep SPG to see it up close vs the real deal.

·
Registered
945 Posts
We all understand the motives for your thread. I was just pointing out a good way to tell the difference if one is being sold as a real RECARO on a forum. It's crazy that they got away with making those decals and RECARO hasnt filed a lawsuit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts