ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got 2 falkens put onto my rear rims and when mounted i put them at 35 psi but i was wondering what the best pressure to run them at would be

i do drive sprited often

and for suspension i have agx's with tokico springs

im looking to get the most miles out of the tires but will compromise for max traction, i dont auto cross but do plan on doing a track day mid june

thanks in advance everyone
-Nick

·
Registered
582 Posts
I ran them at 26psi. all around. i ran them once at 35psi and it felt like my brain wanted to come out of my ears.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
im looking to get the most miles out of the tires but will compromise for max traction, i dont auto cross but do plan on doing a track day mid june
All tires are compromises. If you want maximum traction you will not achieve maximum tire life. You will probably kill these tires with a single track day unless you have a very aggressive alignment. Even so you will probably overheat them and start sliding all over the place after a few laps of aggressive driving. There's really no replacement for true r-compounds and Azenis are just sporty street tires. Why did you just put them on the rear? These tires are best as a matched set. On my weekend only Miata I replaced them annually but then I did 150+ auto-x runs and 12k miles street driving per year.

As far as inflation pressure start at 26psi (cold) and adjust to suit your car's particular setup and your particular driving style and preference. We can't tell you what's right for you or what works best. All we can do is give anecdotal experience and tell you where to begin. Only you can decide what psi works best. People have run everything from 10-50psi with these tires. I can tell you 10psi is dangerously underinflated and 50psi is overinflated. Given this tire's stiff sidewall you probably won't need to run anything more than 40psi. Depending on ambient temperature and surface condition you might actually gain traction with lower psi. It all depends. Enjoy playing with your new tires.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put them on the rear because my back end slides out way before i loose and stearing

i think ill start out with 25 psi and work my way up

when you say "cold" do you mean in the moring befor the tires have even moved or just when there cold to the touch?

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
All tires are compromises. If you want maximum traction you will not achieve maximum tire life. You will probably kill these tires with a single track day unless you have a very aggressive alignment. Even so you will probably overheat them and start sliding all over the place after a few laps of aggressive driving. There's really no replacement for true r-compounds and Azenis are just sporty street tires. Why did you just put them on the rear? These tires are best as a matched set. On my weekend only Miata I replaced them annually but then I did 150+ auto-x runs and 12k miles street driving per year.

As far as inflation pressure start at 26psi (cold) and adjust to suit your car's particular setup and your particular driving style and preference. We can't tell you what's right for you or what works best. All we can do is give anecdotal experience and tell you where to begin. Only you can decide what psi works best. People have run everything from 10-50psi with these tires. I can tell you 10psi is dangerously underinflated and 50psi is overinflated. Given this tire's stiff sidewall you probably won't need to run anything more than 40psi. Depending on ambient temperature and surface condition you might actually gain traction with lower psi. It all depends. Enjoy playing with your new tires.

I agree 100% =D>

·
Registered
741 Posts
i put them on the rear because my back end slides out way before i loose and stearing

i think ill start out with 25 psi and work my way up

when you say "cold" do you mean in the moring befor the tires have even moved or just when there cold to the touch?
To answer the second question....pretty much both because in the morning it is cold to the touch. But anyways, cold basically means that you haven't been running on them, or if they haven't been in direct sunlight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts