ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I saw the trailer for this last week (before "V For Vendetta") I kissed the ground that there were no Roadsters shown in it. I predict this movie is going to set back drifting as a legitimate race series 5 years. It just shows these kids as menaces to society committing all kinds of mayhem and collateral damage with these cars that none of them could afford to own in the real world. It's so fake. And they just crash these amazing cars and blow them up with all these cool JDM parts on them. Half their budget must have been spent on carbon fiber hoods that they smash up. It's just sad and stupid to me. It'll probably be a big hit. Anyone else seen it? It comes out 6/13/06.

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
I still won't care about it...my life'll go on. IMHO, drifting (and some drifters) has a LONG way to go before anyone in this country will start taking them seriously.

·
CR.net Supporter
49 Posts
Wonder how long after this comes out that we will see all the young "ricers" on the nightly news with there cars wrapped around light poles after trying to drift"like in that movie" :roll:

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
It will suck, But I will watch it anyway. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did someone say JDM hotties? On second thought, can you buy tickets yet?

:twisted:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
ONly a little less that a month left til this is released, im still gonna go this this :p , there are never enought CAR movies on the big screen, hopefully this will inspire more CAR movies?

PhatMiata

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
It will suck, But I will watch it anyway. :D
..and Ill probably buy it when the video rental place is trying to sell off all their extra copies for $10 each. The cars are the only reason these movies actually make any money, I cant imagine anyone actually thinks theres a great believable story line or acting.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
for the love of cars man, thats all i go see it for, someday.... someone..... might create a good storyline................. =D>

PhatMiata

·
Registered
79 Posts
wHAt Ar3 u tlkn boUT!!!!!1!!!!1 TAT IS TEH SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

::sigh:: yeah...I'll probably see it too :)
...there goes any chance I had of gettin a clean Corolla Hatchback or 240sx (As if Initial D didn't already make it hard enough...although I do love that anime lol)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
if anything, this movie is going to help promote drifting as a viable marketing tool for big corps.

and i've heard that 'lil bow wow is quite the actor. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
You know there is a posting on the Skyline AU forums where a modified Skyline GT-S got beat by a stock MX5 SE. He said the same thing... "I thought it was a FWD chick car."

I don't really care if the movie sucks... I'm going to see it because I just like seeing cars. I read a review somewhere and they said that $11M went into crashing the cars...

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
good thing the ricer crowd hasn't realized miatas are RWD XD

i've already got the lines down "if you ain't outah control, you ain't in control" :roll:

oh yeah, i'll prolly go see the movie too :oops:

I thought i was the only one, not many people know its RWD and hopefully never do. I personally will go see this movie but i hate Bow wow. IMO, the best car movie was "gone in 60 seconds."

·
Registered
282 Posts
In all seriousness I'll probally end up seeing the movie......but I'm not gonna pay for it. I'm sneakin in for sure....there is no way I'm going to support that bullshit. Did any of you read the article in this months SCC about how much everthing cost and how many amazing cars they completely ruined........it was sickining. :x :roll:

·
Registered
465 Posts
ill go see it for the eye candy aspect heh, prob some nice cars and chicks lol. about the 11m in car damage done during filming or w/e i dont doubt it for a second. one of my uncles does real world special effects(fire, wind, water, etc) and they actually use the real cars in most all movies you see where a ferrari or something gets blown up. i always had thought they used kitted cars or replicas till he told me other wise. if you ever saw the movie The Rock, my uncle did the special effects for that and well they blew up like a gang of ferrari's in that movie lol.

anyways ill catch the flick, even though the last 2 were pretty bad story wise i enjoyed the cars and stuff. heard the story line for this new one and from what i remember it sounded decent but that doesnt mean anything lol.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
wasnt bow wow "lil" bow wow last year trying to be some cute little kid rapper... I guess when that wore off they turned him into a hardcore gangster overnight.. Am I the only one that realized that?

His "grills" song cracks me up though. "open up my mouth and youll see more carats that a salad" Haha :mrgreen: [schild=18 fontcolor=C0C0C0 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]bling bliing[/schild]

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
wasnt bow wow "lil" bow wow last year trying to be some cute little kid rapper... I guess when that wore off they turned him into a hardcore gangster overnight.. Am I the only one that realized that?

His "grills" song cracks me up though. "open up my mouth and youll see more carats that a salad" Haha :mrgreen: [schild=18 fontcolor=C0C0C0 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]bling bliing[/schild]
He is 20, IIRC. Guess he has to grow up sometime...

That said, I did kinda notice the change in gears...kinda odd. Guess he won't be appearing on Nickelodeon anytime soon #-o

1 - 20 of 33 Posts