ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since no-one recently post tires up, here goes.

favorite tires for street and track
-falken azenis (205-50-15)
-falken azenis
-falken azenis

and others
-nitto neo gens
-falken ohtsu
...?

damn they should bring the old azenis design back or make something with equal or wider outer tread block.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Mixed Duty:
Kumho Ecsta MX. Great on street. Shite in snow. Stays predictable on track, doesn't get appreciably greasier as the session goes on. Seems very temperature-stable.

Hankook RS2-Z212. Best street-only duty tire ever. Slight squishiness to sidewall. Sticky tread. Silent as the grave while driving. Low treadwear to make me happy.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...nitto neogens: waste of money for a uhp tire. gives lotsa pull on tight corners. slides as easily but less dramatically with the 45 series compared to the 40sereies. otherwords, understeer happy in understeering fwd's, but more tameable. but not worth the extra $$$.

ohtsu 205/40...cheap, and crap. not suitable at all for tight mid-high speed turns. breaks loose easily. and brake lockin prone. harsh ride, and gets bald spots from brake locking. unpredictable at limit of adhesion. not recommended at all. suck in rain too.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Street (w/out using r-compounds)
Advan Neovas AD07 (not avail in Miata size had on my S2K)
B'Stone S-03s
Azeni 215 (haven't tried the 615s thinking they are in between the Yoko's and B'stones)
Autocross
Hoosier- concrete
710s- asphalt
all others T-1Rs, A032s, etc.

*edited* I done used some unproper grammar

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats a good compromising tire one think is good for street and auto-x. i think the azenis is the best bang for te buck for that. and is that considered an r-compound? does it say on the tire or something? someone give me a refresher course on what tires are considered r-compound and how are they labeled as?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually...scratch that thought. i mean question. i believe there was a class of tires thats considered r-compounds. like kumho victoracers, toyo ta-1s, blah blah... think it was in the treadwear. i know reading up on it. and some brands my weekend race crowds suggested, and even certain tires to stay in a class.

blah, blah. r-compounds usually around 100 in tread wear. and heat cycling recommended. gotta see on my old tire. and if they are still useful, they would be already shaved. or bald...depending how you look at it =)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree, old azenis rocked!

ES100 are just garbage if you take them to any type of racing venue.

RS2 are a great piece of rubber for street/track.

My lesson learned is to keep the flat spots to a minimum, as my RS2 are destroyed because of my constant sliding and locking up of the brakes.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Azenis will heat too much and turn greasy on an auto-x circuit~ imagine what they'll be like on a track :shudder:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Azeni RT615's IMO just as much grip as the 215's and less greasy when heated.

ES100's are great for nice street duty, but nothing else.

Kuhmo MX's bang for buck dry grip, it's hard to beat.

GS-D3's best all around "wet / dry" street tire available. Tread will dissentegrate on track!

RA1, Great R Compound for the weekened warrior. Longevity is excellent.

Nitto Neo-Gens, crap.

Those are the ones i"ve used.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
don't laugh,

BFG Traction T/A's...

i was surprised how well they did on the autox course! actually pretty predictable and with the right tire pressures, actually a little grippy!

i beat out a Hoosier-shod car in stock class, which beat me the time before that by about 2 seconds. (it was a cold day and his 225's weren't getting much heat, so i can't brag too much)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts