ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently installed a set of FCM bump stops on my 1994 miata, with H&R and Koni yellows. I currently am not driving the car (just installed them in my garage). At the end of the install, I noticed x4 extra washers, looked back at the instructions and found where they belong.

Taken from

http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/FCM_bump_stop_dust_boot_install.pdf

3b. For Koni Sport shocks – Place Koni 3mm slotted spacer on shaft* followed by (3) 3mm FCM spacers (past kits
used a single 9mm spacer), then the bump stop (oriented as below) and M12 washer.

How big of a deal is it, that this washer isn't there? What is it's purpose?

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
I'm not familiar with those stops, but is area of the base of the stop the same as the shock it sits on? Maybe the purpose of the washer is to provide a rigid base for the entire bottom area of the stop? A picture would be nice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it is the last thing to go on, it goes on top of the bumpstop, and right under the mount.

edit. at least that is how I interpreted the instructions.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i think its to help prevent your wheels from hitting the wells. or to reduce suspention travel because konis have short bodies. they are probably there because its cheaper to make 3 different bump stop and some spacers than making 3 sized stops and another 3 koni specific sized stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts