i search and couldnt find a real answer

im consider buying a set of Federal 595 rsr for daily driving

i know there good for track use but how about daily driving

has any one else tried them?
how long do they last?

·
Registered
212 Posts
They are great for both Daily & Track use. IMO, they are up there with RE-01's. I've had them for over a year and a half and there is still plenty of tread left with the exception of tracking wear on them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I know a few people who run them on their subarus, and absolutely love them.
I have a good friend who swears by them, and for the cost, will not run anything else. He's and avid autox'er (and seriously quick)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just put a set on my GT-R, 265/18/35. My fitter called them sh!t, lol I dont care...good grip (UTQG is 140) but don't know about wet grip, noise is ok. Just be careful that the tires don't have any heavy spots, I got one that needed 50 grams. A lot of drifters/time attack type use them over here

·
Registered
20 Posts
So perfect, I bought 8 of them :smile:

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
^That's a pretty wide range of decision making. If money wasn't an issue, I'd go with star specs.
Yeah, I tend to do that a lot :smile1:

Right now I'm on Falken Azenis (195/60-14)

I love them but they're pretty heavy. It all boils down to when I'll actually need new tires/ if I can get the price of star specs down near the price of Azenis. ( I spent 187.50 on two new Azenis shipped to my door)

Where are people getting the federals from?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I get my federals locally. Not to derail the topic, but there was the $100 rebate deal from discount tires if bought from eBay though, Azenis were included in the deal...

If it were me, the next bang for buck tire would be Hankook RS-3's...only thing is they don't make them in 14's, and the only 15's they make are 225's.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah, I tend to do that a lot :smile1:

Right now I'm on Falken Azenis (195/60-14)

I love them but they're pretty heavy. It all boils down to when I'll actually need new tires/ if I can get the price of star specs down near the price of Azenis. ( I spent 187.50 on two new Azenis shipped to my door)

Where are people getting the federals from?

If you do get them tell me how they compare to the azenis. I want some azenis. I just don't like the weight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you're not chasing trophies every weekend, these tires will be more than sufficient, a step above most of the max performance summer tires, and much less expensive than the equivalent Star Spec/Azenis/RE-11/Advan Neova.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts