ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a tempting example of El Mirage I shot a while back.
http://youtu.be/xqplLO2SB6s

Any interest. It would be a weekend morning. Totally legal, but you have to give the right-away to landing ultra lights and land sailing craft.

"There is no speed limit on the open lakebed, but vehicle operators are responsible for their own safety, OHV rules and regulations, and knowing what is going on around them. The maximum speed limit is 15 miles per hour within 50 feet of camps and staging areas."

cost is $15.00 for their permit.

Any interest?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I have always wanted to do this since I regularly go out to the desert with friends to go riding, but how accessible is this lake bed for low cars? Mine can barelly get through my schools parking lot, and I can't raise it anymore. I couldn't imagine taking a dirt road in it. Where we go out the dirt roads are fairly rough in some areas, and some areas are very rocky. I wouldn't think of going out until we could verify a good path. Busting an oil pan on the way to the lake bed would be aweful.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
is this our invitation to racewars????!!

p.s. you have to pay to go in now???
i went a few years back and it was free, we even set up an drift course

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
if you do go out there... prepare for massive amounts dirt in your car.
MASSIVE amounts.

I spent a weekend up there and it was the dirtiest, most fun weekend I've ever had! Baby wipes are like gold out there, so stock up!

·
Registered
619 Posts
sounds freaking awesome

·
Force McCocken's Admirer
1,694 Posts
is this our invitation to racewars????!!

p.s. you have to pay to go in now???
i went a few years back and it was free, we even set up an drift course

I did this too. It was the 4ft day i had my car though. i got crazy, crazy dirty. it was crazy fun though. i bought a ton of mini soccer cones just so we can do another drift course when, if i ever go back.

it wasn't too bad to get in when i was a stock ride height, but i haven't been since i lowered my car. i doubt someone as low as me will be able to get in, but most mod slammed people should be ok.

·
Administrator
15,600 Posts
Here is a tempting example of El Mirage I shot a while back.
http://youtu.be/xqplLO2SB6s

Any interest. It would be a weekend morning. Totally legal, but you have to give the right-away to landing ultra lights and land sailing craft.

"There is no speed limit on the open lakebed, but vehicle operators are responsible for their own safety, OHV rules and regulations, and knowing what is going on around them. The maximum speed limit is 15 miles per hour within 50 feet of camps and staging areas."

cost is $15.00 for their permit.

Any interest?

Hey, i asked on your youtube channel but i'm impatient...

What's the song you used in your other video on the Mulholland?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Found my original username anyway....

tentative date January 14th Saturday. Getting there at 9:00am. Meet up in Gareden grove for those who want to caravan. Starting list.... If I can get at least 3 other miatas ill go.

1) Canyonfive 100% (MIN 3 miatas)

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's good times. had some Evo's, a GTR, Lancers, couple Hondas, Suzuki, and a Toyota Echo run through there. the roughest area is at the drop in from the main road by the parking lot. after about 200 yards it was pretty smooth and flat if you stick to the right/north. if you have strictly street tires and want to try stop speeds, i'd say get some all seasons or something with more dirt grip, as even the evo with street tires could only get to 140 iirc. also, you'll want to get there early unless you're camping for the night, the sun goes down fast since you're behind the mountains. one of the cool things is the toys people bring out there. last time out there, i and a couple other guys raced some sheriff on his modded four wheeler up to 90 when his limiter cut in.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Check to see if the lake bed is open before going. The last time I was there, I couldn't get onto the lake bed. Fortunately, El Mirage is not that far from my house, so I wasn't too mad. Hahaha! I can't remember if it was due to dust control or something like that. This was a few months ago, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts