ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I realise this might be opening a MASSIVE can of worms but I have searched and read and looked at pictures til my eyes bled, and am still unsure of what to do!

My problem is, I have a set of 15x9 et -19's to squeeze onto my car and I want to run a 215/45 on them, and maintain a pretty slammed rideheight, so obviously I will be requiring some kind of flare on each corner.

Now, my original plan was to run 30mm Autokonexion blisters front and back, but after looking at various threads and taking some measurements off of a friends stock car, I think I might be underestimating just how pokey these bad boys are. So 40mm add-on's are looking more appropriate. So the first question is, am I right in thinking that? Or is that wheel/tyre combo likely to fit under a 30mm?

Moving on, I despise the look of the normal Autokonexion flares, and am less than sold on the N2's, which rules out them on the 40mm options list. I do however love the look of the Autokonexion 40mm GT flares, but finding a pair of fronts to match them is proving difficult!

The Trap's are a possibility, but I cannot for the life of me find any width specs for them, and the difference in front-rear lip heights is... dubious. I'd like to possibly mate trap fronts with AK GT rears but again, I'm not really sure of the height different in the lips, which could throw up massive aesthetic issues not to mention ride height concerns....

The Jubiride's are another potential possibility, although I have a feeling these arent gonna be anywhere near wide enough. But once again, I'm struggling to find any exact measurements to confirm this!?

The only other option I can see are tuckin99's, which are guaranteed to do the job, but will pretty much blow my budget out the water, and possibly lead to me being homeless and malnourished. And I'm not sure I'm willing to compromise that much just to make a set of wheels fit!

Am I overlooking any other options at all? Have I bored you all to tears? Shall I just quit car modification now and take up golf?

Anyway, here's a picture of my car to wake you up again...

PLEASE HELP!!! :cry2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a possibility, but like I said in my post, I'm not really a fan of the N2 fronts, and I dont think they really work with the GT rears, they are a completely different shape :(

But I shall definitely bare yours in mind!

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
I think the car in the picture looks about perfect....

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Member "grantwilson" ran 16x9 -19 with the autokonexion widebody kit and was super slammed.

You might need to step down your tire choice to like a 195/45/15 worst case, but I think the 30mm blister fenders should work fine.

As a reference people on miataturbo.net have been running 245/40/15 and 275/35/15 Hoosiers on 15x10 +25 6uls under the rear quarter panels from autokonexion. I believe the over fenders are 30mm, right? Those Hoosiers are huge tires.

I gotta ask, I can recognize allthe other bits on your car, it's super sexy btw, but what wing and canards are those?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
i would go with the full quarters and the full front fenders so the body still looks kinda stock but chubby

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys and glad you like the car!

Found Grants thread which has pretty much assured me the wheels will fit with the 40's. Definitely thinking the 30's will be too tight now though. And looking at the Jubiride thread they will too :/

I won't be running quite as low as Grant which will no doubt help the matter but I certainly don't want to run a 195. Ideally a 215/45 or a 205/50 minimum as this car gets driven HARD so I want a bit of meat under the arches!

As much as I want the full fenders I think its safe to write them off completely and perhaps bite the bullet and go with the GT's :(

And to those asking about bits, the wheels are rota grid v's 15x8 et0, the wing is a jcp racing with custom risers I designed, and the cannards are also custom jobs I created myself :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, 1v, you don't happen to have a link or some pics of cars running those specs on the hoosiers? By my calculations my wheels will poke around 32mm more, and the top of the tyre about 15mm on the rear... And I imagine their fitment is pretty tight?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Random, but free bump. Your car was one of the cars that I was going to base my build off of, something similar but with my own little personal twist. Its been saved on my phones since the week I bought a miata and I <3 your car!
I never tire of hearing comments like this so thanks :D

But you really shouldn't post in this thread without commenting on the matter in hand, so come on, what do you think I should do?...

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
http://www.miataturbo.net/showthread.php?t=57412&page=13

The last like 3 pages have pictures. Remember even a 245/40/15 Hoosier is gigantic compared to normal tires. All 245s are not created equal. On a tire calculator I would enter them as a 275.

Personally if I were going widebody I would go AK widebody front with over fenders rear. I don't like the wide bodies side skirts or rear fenders.

Edit: oh yeah. Member "minto" on here has the AK rear over fenders. You should check his fitment. He used to run some pretty negative Ssr long champs I think. You should try asking him for advice.

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
Thanks for the help guys and glad you like the car!

Found Grants thread which has pretty much assured me the wheels will fit with the 40's. Definitely thinking the 30's will be too tight now though. And looking at the Jubiride thread they will too :/

I won't be running quite as low as Grant which will no doubt help the matter but I certainly don't want to run a 195. Ideally a 215/45 or a 205/50 minimum as this car gets driven HARD so I want a bit of meat under the arches!

As much as I want the full fenders I think its safe to write them off completely and perhaps bite the bullet and go with the GT's :(

And to those asking about bits, the wheels are rota grid v's 15x8 et0, the wing is a jcp racing with custom risers I designed, and the cannards are also custom jobs I created myself :D
Just a few thoughts.

I have a wide 225/45 on 15x9 0 offset wheels, and I only drive for fun. I can do full lock to lock after trimming the inside edge, and moving the front bumper/fender tab a little in (which you will have to do on anyway with those specs, it's a quick job). Your wheels are 19mm's further out, but you will also be on a 215 (what tire is important). 225 r888s run wide. I think it would work fine, but no wider the 215..

If it was me, I would go tuckin/mazdaspeed/nopro n2 flares and 235/50-15. With that offset and n2 flares I think you could make it look good and more important a butt load of grip.

And if you're feeling rich you could go garage hundred one front bumper!

Just look at this.

I'm looking for the thread with more GHO front and n2 flares fitted cars, just need to search more.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
GHO won't sell outside of japan last I heard. You would need someone to buy it domestically, with no notification of it leaving the country, then have someone ship it out to you after it's delivery. Good luck with that.

Closest thing readily available would be the nopro NA kit, but it's more a copy of the original mazdaspeed N2 kit. The GHO is very similar to the OG mazdaspeed n2 widebody, but the bumper has some differences.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Autokonexion version 1 40mm flares with 15x9 x -18 195-45-15

i have not shaved the lip off the flare at the bottom

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
GHO won't sell outside of japan last I heard. You would need someone to buy it domestically, with no notification of it leaving the country, then have someone ship it out to you after it's delivery. Good luck with that.

Closest thing readily available would be the nopro NA kit, but it's more a copy of the original mazdaspeed N2 kit. The GHO is very similar to the OG mazdaspeed n2 widebody, but the bumper has some differences.
I don't see it being a problem if you really want to, but hey I've never tried. Get a middle man to buy it in japan, box up and ship. Yes I've read they won't do direct sale to the US. They might feel differently about UK direct sale, either or getting a middle man isn't a deal breaker.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts