ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a video of how the Ferrari 599 GTB is built in the factories in Italy. I did a search to make search that this wouldn't be a repost. Enjoy fellas Making a Ferrari 599 GTB. I got the video off of spikehumor.com, which is an awesome site if you've never heard of it.

Here are some pics of the 599 for those who don't know what it looks like.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I failed to mention that this video is about 44 minutes long. No commercials of course, watching this made me want to tear the Miata around somewhere. Then I realized that I need new tires and a better suspension.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I saw the special on discovery channel where the literally take the car from a pot of molten metal to full running machine. Haven't had a chance to watch this video yet but will on my lunch break.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sounds like the same video.. watched it last night.. It's suprising they can still make cars this way!? But for $250K+ I guess that's what you should be getting. 3000 people + 2 months = what, 5 cars? :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Bently and Ferrari both have people handmaking most of their stuff and they are both considered to be some of the best cars on the planet. It's amazing how far technology and machinery can bring us and still be outdone by someone who truely knows what they are doing.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Agreed.
I'll have to watch this vid in a bit. Need food right now....lol
I'm hoping it further cements why I love Ferrari....but will probably never own one (Porsche 964 instead....woot!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts