ClubRoadster.net banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sooo who's putting what tires on their set?

I'm waffling between Z2, RE11a or NT01 currently..
If I pull the trigger, z2 100%
I may even ditch the rs3s and put z2s on my 6uls to downsize

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, since my BFG Sport Comp 2s have maybe 5k on them, I'll probably be stretching those on them until they wear out. After that, we'll see what's on the market. Whatever's good in the wet. lol
I hear the Z2s are a good wet performer, and should have plenty of grip for my daily driving duties. ;)
Anyone run those Federals, yet? My friend put a set on his 240. I'll have to see how they work for him.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
If I pull the trigger, z2 100%
I may even ditch the rs3s and put z2s on my 6uls to downsize
Have you found the 225 RS3 to be too large of a tire for a non FI miata? I would love to put a set beside my 205 888 to see the difference.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Nial a 225 is kind of squished on an 8. Also hankook is coming out with a replacement for the rs3 soon.
I don't have plans to get them. I want to see a 225 street tire next to a 205 toyo R or NT01. Curiosity has got the best of me. That's all.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Have you found the 225 RS3 to be too large of a tire for a non FI miata? I would love to put a set beside my 205 888 to see the difference.
To me, I feel yes but mainly because I would prefer a more lively car. If that makes sense. I have driven a car on 205 z1s and it was fantastic. Having a 205 stretched a bit on to an 8 should have a similar effect to the 225s on a 9 which many report is much faster than a 225 on an 8inch wide rim. I believe I got that from 949s site. I will say though, despite how stuff the sidewall is on the rs3 is, it was noticeably more cushy than my 195 re01r.
My understanding: 205 on an 8 and 225 on 9. I'm sure a lot of that comes down to opinion though.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
No I believe you're correct. I don't think it's a bad experience if you didn't follow those guidelines though. I have 205s on x7 and x6.5s. Still gets me around the track at an ok clip. ;)

Still excited for these x8s though!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm holding out for a possible 15x9
Same, I would've paid already if they had an option for 15x9. I asked them and its a possibility later in the year. Great looking wheels regardless though.
Agreed, 15x9 is what I need.
They would already have my money if they were 9's

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Ugh. On their website they are now saying "Most of the order will ship by end of May"

That might seal it for me. By May I am a month in to my 6 month miata season and if they get delayed in to June, that will suck even more.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Ugh. On their website they are now saying "Most of the order will ship by end of May"

That might seal it for me. By May I am a month in to my 6 month miata season and if they get delayed in to June, that will suck even more.
I believe this was announced a few weeks back. The GB pricing structure changed in favor of the customer due to the shipment delay.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I believe this was announced a few weeks back. The GB pricing structure changed in favor of the customer due to the shipment delay.
On facebook they said mid may. On their website it says end of May. With ambiguous dates like that and it being from a new company that has zero leverage on and is at the whim of the manufacturer, it is hard to have faith it will be by June.

These are just my thoughts out loud for me personally on making the decision on this wheel. I still may get in on this...

41 - 60 of 100 Posts