ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it's time to post my build thread up on CR. I have it posted on MR.net (under the name : The Platypus) but I thought I might as well post it here too.

Anyways, I started this build during the summer before my senior year of high school. About a year and 2 months from the time of this posting.

Early June, 2011, I bought this car from my mom's boyfriend :

Before I bought it, I actually hated the car. But then I drove it a couple times and actually really liked it.

After that, I started work on maintenance. I changed the oil, spark plugs, air filter, and cleaned off the valve cover. I also changed the tranny fluid and fixed an oil leak. This was all over the course of about 2 months. Then I bought these ATS DTC Complites with RT615 tires :

Now, it was probably the end of October, and I wanted to get coilovers. I had plans of autocrossing and doing time attack / track days with the car eventually and was already doing mountain/canyon runs. I wanted the best, so I talked to Shaikh, the owner of Fat Cat Motorsports, about my suspension and future plans. By the end of the conversation he had me sold. I purchased custom coilovers from him with spring rates of 600 F / 375 R. They were going to take a while to be finished so I did other stuff while I waited.

I got this RB hollow bar and a pair of 949 adjustable endlinks.

After that I got my hands on a Nardi 330 Deep Corn and a NRG Quick Release/Hub.

My interior then looked like this :

Interior Shot (B&W) by Some Platypus, on Flickr

My car then looked like this :

Then the time arrived. I picked up the coilovers on Friday, Jan 27. This is what they looked like :

Installed :

and my car after that :

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then I took a few pictures with my good buddy and his EF in a parking garage.

So then my shift boot ripped more (was already pretty ripped), so I made a quick one out of an old Crown Royal bag to use until I order a new shift boot.

My mom got me a Blox 490 Neo-Chrome shift knob as a late Christmas present. It feels great shifting with a GarageStar 2 inch extender.

Then I bought a Clifford alarm.

Then I changed the WP/Alt. belt and the AC/PS belt. It was my first time changing a belt, so I was pretty proud of myself when I started it up, even though it was not that hard looking back on it.

Then I re-painted my wipers black :

And I also painted my valve cover Wrinkle Black and kept the letters polished by putting chapstick on them before I painted it. I think it turned out okay.

So then I got this in the mail :

I opened it immediately

RSR Ex-Mag GT II

I installed it shortly after.

Will post the next parts ASAP

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I picked up a blue trunk lid, got it straight, then had it sprayed. No more oem trunk rack haha.

Then took a few pictures. It's time for some nice rollover protection and chassis stiffening.

So then I took a couple pictures in another parking garage. I was basically trying out a few different lenses. Here are a few :

Then I got a few things around June/July of 2012

TII Tranny :

TII Diff :

NB1 Head :

Nardi wood Deep Corn 350 :

Didn't take a picture with the camera, but I have a HDHCHTSD now. Here's the picture I took with my phone a while ago :

So I plan on building the next motor for boost. I'm going to mate that setup with the TII parts and the NB1 Head.

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So last weekend, my car hit 150k. That same day I got a hardtop. I guess you could say it was like a birthday gift. It's crystal white but I'll get it matched in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry about all the driveway shots again. There's gonna be a photoshoot soon with my friends and I, so don't worry.

And the Platypus decal that Smaeda made me.

·
The Platypus
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great looking build. I live in walnut creek. I'm very surprised that I havent seen you around at all. The car looks great either way!
Haha wow, that's odd that we haven't seen each other. I'm in the area a lot. If you do ever see me, give me a holler haha. Thanks for the compliment too :)

I have a soft spot for those ATS DTC's. Nice work man, keep it up!

P.S. Boost is addicting...and well worth the investment :)
Yeah I love the DTC's. Thanks, and yeah, I understand that it can be addicting... haha

This things clean! Looks nice mate. Loving the photos too!
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts