ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just wanted to say I'm back into the miata scene. I picked up an srt-4 neon for super cheap and couldn't pass the offer up so I sold my 91' miata. After about 5 months I relized this car wasn't as great as It sould be. One huge mistake with the car is After they finished cramming all the hp and torque they could they forgot it needed to turn. The srt-4 is a great car but only if your into going really fast in a straight line. Now don't get me wrong this is fun, I just find twistes more fun. So to the craigslist it when. after about a month of advertisment, it sold. The new owner is a ****. not only did I drive out of my way to meet him but him and the two cars full of people took about three hours to look at the car while me and my buddy stood there in 39 degree weather freezing. after two test drives and trying to talking me down on price for atleast 30 minutes they paid me. Please pass grade school before you buy a car becuase not only did they have to count the money 7 times but when it finally made it to me it was short 30 bucks. So I pretty much told them to get in the car and leave before I get midevil on there asses. They got the point, They gave me fourty and left. Now it was 12 a.m. on a friday. Me and my friend decided we both just wanted to end the day and skip the bar and go to our homes. I woke up the next morning around five and got to work on hunting down a new car. I got extremly lucky and fond a guy selling his miata collection. He had four left. My girlfriend and I hoped in the car and met up with him around noon. He had two M editions and one automatic in my price range. After getting to know the guy and swapping stories he told me about his last car that he had listed about 2,000 dollars out of my range. It was a 95' R package, he offered it to me without the hardtop for what I had. after cheacking the car out for 10 mintues I knew I had to have it. So I paid the man he asked me to take him for one last ride around the block. How could I say no. I took him around and we got back. We thanked each other, through dont a good old fashoined hand shake and wave each other off. This was the best buying experiance I've ever had. So now I'm the proud owner of a 95' r package miata. It's so good to be back in one. I've missed my NA since I sold it and this one has made me almost forget about it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow in the day light after tune up and fulid change and a wash(dusty from sitting in storeage). Oh and it also came with a niffty ClubRoadster sticker. Hopefully someone on here will know a bit more about the history for me. I'll probably do a build thread this time. I was way to busy last year to do one. Thanks for reading guys and gals hope to talk with you soon.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Wow that's quite an introduction. I think you left out the part where your parents met, you were born, you went to grade school, etc etc... ;) Joking dude. Good to hear you're back in the "right" car. And welcome to the forum.

Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I hated all of them, The srt-4 forums are just contest to see who's got the biggest ****. But thanks for the warm welcomes.

@Chris, I was born a baby, a blank slate. I thought I was in control of my own destiny, and then I met my dad.
Will Ferrel, Kicking and screaming.

Haha, Thanks for the welcome.

Sharpie, It's in really good condition All it need was a tune up and some patch work on the rear zipper. Did a Little sliding around in the rain today and the torsen diff is in great contion. Can't seem to find a REAL problem with the car.

Didn't get any pictures today with the rain. It should be clear out tomorrow so I'll post some quick shots when I get a minute tomorrow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's freezing out side, you can actually see the little ice patchs still under the car. I just did some real quick point and shoot with my phone but you get the idea lol.

Racing beat cat back. Sounds beater then I thought it would. Much much quiter then my old miata's spec exhuast haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts