·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
So close to 200hp, turn up the boost!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never ran the 1/4 mile. I'm not a drag person. Drag is just straight line and shifting. Doesn't take that much skills to do.

Anyway I like the turbo over the JRSC. Power of the JRSC is like WOW in the beginning then you beg for more power. Now power with turbo is amazing. If I need more power I can crank up the boost easier than swapping a supercharger pulley.

Turbo feels slow already.. :eek:

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've read a lot of your posts and contributions to the JRSC threads on m.net. Sucks for the sc'd guys but enjoy the turbo! I was so close to ordering the new FMII when it first came out, but I don't think it'll happen now since I'm getting married next year.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Marriage sucks... you have to sell all your toys to get married. LOL!

Best Wishes!
Going off topic for a minute, this is not always that case. It's taken a year, but my wife is just now coming around to letting me continue buying stuff for the Miata. Mainly because she see's that financialy, it's better for us and our bank account if I keep the Miata. I told her if she wants doesn't want to mod the Miata then I'm going to get another car it'll either be a Mazdaspeed3, BMW 330i ZHP Package, or a Mazdaspeed6 all of which will cost us about $5400 ($0 Down @ $450/month) a year or more for the next 5-6 years to own not including increased insurance premiums. Parts for the Miata, not including engine rebuild or FMII kit would only cost arounf $3200 (coilover, wheels, clutch, etc).

So now she's agreed that once our debt is paid off which will be around the end of this year or early next year we'll buy me a Motorcycle. Do the math with your wife and she'll see the financial, logical side of things. Also, less money on the car means more money for her jewelry and clothes.

Getting back on topic...are you planning to add more fuel so you can turn up the boost? The first Miata I ever drove was boosted via FMII kit. That car just about killed everything it went up against.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought the voodoo box does not require an additional fuel pump. Do you think the addtion of the pump and the Bipes is worth it? I am thinking of going with voodoo on my 1.6.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Never ran the 1/4 mile. I'm not a drag person. Drag is just straight line and shifting. Doesn't take that much skills to do.:eek:
:roll: Must not be a "driver" then... Gotta go straight to get off the starting line. Not many races start mid-drift.
I agree. Drag racing doesn't take much skill. Yes, some races include a standing start, but if you're drag racing, that's all you get...a standing start...and instead of braking hard to the first turn, in drag racing, you just stop...and well, that's about it...

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
Your right, it doesn't take much skill... In a 16 second car.

" Magazine tests had the car moving from 0 to 60 mph in just under nine seconds, and completing the quarter mile in 16.8 seconds at around 80 mph."

Mmmmm, exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiSptlw-L_U&mode=related&search=

THAT definitely took NO skill.. And only .2 liters more than a Miata.

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
Marriage sucks... you have to sell all your toys to get married. LOL!

Best Wishes!
Thanks man. I'm definitely not selling my toys, but probably won't be able to get new ones for a while. I'm lookin forward to it though.

1/4 mile run is still pretty exciting even though it takes way less skill than an autocross or road course. It's nice to see what your car can do compared to stock.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Your right, it doesn't take much skill... In a 16 second car.

" Magazine tests had the car moving from 0 to 60 mph in just under nine seconds, and completing the quarter mile in 16.8 seconds at around 80 mph."

Mmmmm, exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiSptlw-L_U&mode=related&search=

THAT definitely took NO skill.. And only .2 liters more than a Miata.
I definitely think there is a unique skill set for drag racing that I'm not very good at. Slipping the clutch just right on the launch and slamming through the gears without missing a beat. I wish I was better at it.

Actually, that video looked a lot easier than driving a stock Miata. Launching with the trans brake and using a clutchless, sequential gear box. Looks easier to me. :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts