ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, after about a year of weekends doing body work, my NA is ready for paint. The transport trailer comes next weekend, then off to the paint shop. Color will be dark green (similar to BRG, but with no olive tone to it). Considering painted rally stripes, but I'm on the fence about it (am afraid the stripes will get me undue attention by police).

Considering Fleetcolor to do the paint job, but am always willing to hear other recommendations.

Next step is to swap stuff from the old engine to the new one, install the clutch/tranny, and prep the whole thing for installation into the car once it returns from the paint shop.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, this ain't a competition. The Blue Potato is an inspiration, not a rival.

Brotherhood, man, brotherhood. =D>

M

·
0 Posts
FINALLY, after about a year of weekends doing body work, my NA is ready for paint.
So that's your excuse for not showing up at "Cars"?

:p

At least one of has our priorities straight (...you)

:wink:

Congratulations on the milestone!

Too bad The Toad won't be available for Tech Day inspection...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i don't know fleet. and i don't know what you are looking to pay. But in SoCal, the 3 shops that are frequented by custom cars are:

MOB works
20/20
Custom & Classic

MOB Works is cheaper than you'd think for thier work. Other than that, I'm a pretty firm believer that you get what you pay for with paint work...

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've seen a car done by MOB Works. It looked great initially, but it didn't hold up very well at all, spiderwebbing, chipping, and other problems on the car less than one year later. I don't think I'd take my car to them. I want a paint job that'll last a long time, not wow the crowds for a few months then suffer a quick decline.

I haven't heard of 20/20 or Custom & Classic, but I'd be willing to contact/interview them if I had some more info on their shops. Anyone have a link?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts