ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gave in and bought a new daily. I've been dailying the Miata for over a year now and I wanted something more comfortable yet sporty. I wanted something that I could not only daily but track (autox, drift, etc.). I know I had the Miata and I could've easily used that but the Miata has turned in to a "hardparker" and I'm totally okay with that.
My search started early June 2012 and I purchased a used 2009 Volkswagen Gti. It was a fun ride for about 2 days then the headlight broke and the AC compressor shelled out rendering my whole AC system useless. I brought the car back to the dealership and picked this up:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you mind sharing how much it cost you? I looked at one as soon as it hit the lot, but I couldn't get myself to spend ~ $28,000.
After tax title and an extended warranty it was around 28k.

·
Bleeding Red....& Gold
1,641 Posts
very nice. I was curious as to why Scion raised the price on these. At the beginning of summer, they had it advertised as high $24k (close to $25k). Now, im seeing on commercials/ads they have them advertised as mid $26k.

·
Stoly's Best Man
407 Posts
JTFC. 28k? I had high hopes for this, but they seem to have missed the point of the car. A base 2012 370Z can be had for 30k. With a full 100hp more, and a lot more tire as well.

I like the car man congrats, I don't mean to **** on your purchase I just can't believe they're asking that much for them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
JTFC. 28k? I had high hopes for this, but they seem to have missed the point of the car. A base 2012 370Z can be had for 32,280. With a full 100hp more, and a lot more tire as well.

I like the car man congrats, I don't mean to **** on your purchase I just can't believe they're asking that much for them.
FTFY.. And after tax and an extended warranty, it'd be closer to 35k

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't really mind. I paid extra to have a good warranty because I plan to keep the car for a while. So the warranty was around $1500 which is good for 100k miles. I've driven my coworker's 370z and granted it is more car for 30k but I just didn't like it. It felt really heavy IMO. I'm very happy with the fr-s. it's definitely a car that you have to drive to appreciate.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FTFY.. And after tax and an extended warranty, it'd be closer to 35k
Very true. Don't forget that 8.1% sales tax, titling and licensing fee.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
good purchase. drive the **** out of it. keep us updated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good, I've been wanting to test drive one. How are you liking it as a daily?
It's a comfortable daily with great AC! I've averaged 30mpg every gallon so far. Very docile car until you turn the trac ad stability control off.

·
Banned
3,279 Posts
hmm....
I've been overseas for the most part, and the whole BRz FRs hype hasn't really kicked in over here... I fail to see why this is so awesome honestly. =\ It's just a small car with a boxer engine. When I went on leave, guys were dropping their panties each time they saw one. And I had the biggest WTF expression on my face.

It's a pretty car, and I know you'll enjoy it. I hope you do buttt... maybe someone can explain to me why an inexpensive car has a huge amount of hype.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts