ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as i havent been on for a while as ive been doing lots of things to the car as she has been off the road due to me getting caught by the boys in blue for speeding, So its given me a chance to do the jobs that were on my to-do list. So forgive me if you have seen some of them. Also as a single female doing this build on my own, i would appreciate constructive crisisism, (if you dont like it - you dont need to comment as i know she is a marmite car) But i love her so please be nice. x

before any work was done to her, here she is naked

then i added the stripe to give her a more retro look

standard rear end

changed the interior to get rid of the old torn seats and to give the car a good contrast in colour,

more to come

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
new mirrors for a more retro feel

then i chromed the wiper arms and blades and added chrome washers with integral blue lights

redid the tow hooks and put new grill on

then it was time to do the engine so i removed the strut, rocker cover, plus i sanded down fire extinguisher so i could bling it up ( the red clashed lol)

And still lots to do, as just taken delivery of new petrol cap, and chrome roof handles which i need to modify as they dont fit properly and the list goes on........................................

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If anyone can source me 'white' hd leads id be grateful as i cant find any here in the uk and i dont have the skill to make my own. The hoses are all being replaced with blue and chrome but i want some white in there for contrast to pull the outside of the car into the engine bay so it flows.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Love the exterior!! I wish I could find a pit front end, but I think the steering wheel and shift knob are a little to pepboys special IMO. You need a nice wood one to complement the rest of the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the exterior!! I wish I could find a pit front end, but I think the steering wheel and shift knob are a little to pepboys special IMO. You need a nice wood one to complement the rest of the car.
I agree totally, i ordered them online and am not too impressed with them, i had a blue 13 inch momo one and i loved the size of it, but i have ordered this one which is totally different. and as for the shift knob its cheap and tacky but im keeping my eyes out for something a bit special - might even have one manufactured specially.

this is the wheel i have ordered

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree totally, i ordered them online and am not too impressed with them, i had a blue 13 inch momo one and i loved the size of it, but i have ordered this one which is totally different. and as for the shift knob its cheap and tacky but im keeping my eyes out for something a bit special - might even have one manufactured specially.

this is the wheel i have ordered

Niiiice, that will definitely suit your car!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't wanna say it but I'm really glad you're switching those two out. XD Check out Voodoo or Joyfast shift knobs; would look good.
ha ha im a typical 'wee scottish lassie' if i payed for it ill use it:D, yep its true we are tight on the pocket lol. Ive got a perfectly good one lying in my boot but because it belonged to the car when i got it, i took it off to give it my own mark lol, im just hoping the wheel is legal in the uk or i may have to rethink again lol (maybe a big furry steering wheel cover that i can put on quickly if the police stop me so it looks like a full round circle lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JDMPalace has one, on the thread 'what is my bits worth'

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Other than the steering wheel and shift knob (which are being taken care) I can't find anything wrong with the build. Chrome wipers usually belong on riced out Civics, but I like them on your car. I thought about doing the PitCrew single wiper conversion down the road. I saw one on a PitCrew car and it looked fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing the car progress :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other than the steering wheel and shift knob (which are being taken care) I can't find anything wrong with the build. Chrome wipers usually belong on riced out Civics, but I like them on your car. I thought about doing the PitCrew single wiper conversion down the road. I saw one on a PitCrew car and it looked fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing the car progress :)
Cheers hun

I was going to do a single pitcrew wiper but ive also got the single AC COBRA sliding mirror in the interior ( to be fitted) and i think having that and the single pitcrew wiper would be too much interference on the front, so it had to be one or the other. so i opted for the mirror for some interior bling and then i chromed the wipers so that i had two visuals to look at rather than one!.

Now that i have done the rocker cover (which cost me time, hammerite and a manicure!!:D) i want to dress the engine, so ive ordered silicone replacement pipes and hoses in blue with chrome connectors.

Ive also just completed the door cards today so will get them put on tomorrow if the rain stops.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well today the rain has finally stopped and my new fuel cap has arrived from the states, despite me taking a bashing from customs - ouch !! so hopefully i will get that fitted alongside my new chrome roof bar handles.

and my roof handles

·
Registered
858 Posts
Now that i have done the rocker cover (which cost me time, hammerite and a manicure!!:D) i want to dress the engine, so ive ordered silicone replacement pipes and hoses in blue with chrome connectors.
If you have already ordered them, not much to do about it now, but I would highly recommend not going overboard on the colored hoses (vacuum or coolant). Oftentimes, "less is more" in that department.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
If you have already ordered them, not much to do about it now, but I would highly recommend not going overboard on the colored hoses (vacuum or coolant). Oftentimes, "less is more" in that department.
I was thinking the same thing. About 13 years ago it was cool to have a mess of brightly-colored spaghetti under the hood. It went out of vogue around the same time 2 Fast 2 Furious came out.

Especially on a nostalgic-style Pit Crew....keep it simple and classy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dont worry boys, ive only ordered 3 blue hoses which come from the arc manifold, and the chrome clips, ive spent lots of time hand polishing up what i can to keep it as minimal as possible, hell im a 44 year old old single mum not a boy racer lol x

1 - 20 of 76 Posts