ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(new photos are on page 2)

I found myself with a little free time this morning, so I finally got off my butt to install some parts (if for no other reason than to clear a little space in the living room :mrgreen: ).

Here's the interior at about 10:30 this morning:

...and at about 11:

Nothing outrageous at the moment, as I'm just getting started with the changes. The quick rundown on what's now in place...
Tuckin99 harness bar
Bride Pros seat
Redlinegoods leather shift and brake boots
Voodoo knob

I've also got some Takata harnesses that OneSimpleRoadster sent my way (along with the seats) a while back, and the hardware I ordered just showed up this evening. So all of that will be put in place on Friday.
I'm still trying to pick out a steering wheel or two that'll match the black w/ red stitch of the other parts. Thinking about a Nardi I've seen on Honda-Tech, but I'm open to suggestions! :idea:
Maybe a shorty console? I really liked the look of the bare carpet on the tunnel.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Re: First interior mods

Wow is all I can say, you cant get a better look than that in my opinion, man i wish I had that seat.... =P~

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nice! Kind of the look I'm looking for.

Care to give links on the products?
Links for your browsing enjoyment:

Tuckin99 bar came from JapanParts http://www.japanparts.com/db/category.php?dealer=6&car=99
I saw a picture of this one in someone else's thread and ordered. Service was super fast! I got the bar two days after it shipped from Tokyo. First order from Japan and all, but is that normal?

Boots from Redlinegoods
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Miatashiftboot.shtm
The shipping for this vendor was also excellent. They even checked with me afterward to see if the boots had arrived. They were purchased as part of a summer sale posted on M.net. Oh, and they smell mahvahlous! :mrgreen:

Got the Voodoo magnum from Thompson (along with one of their air horn setups)
http://www.thompson-automotive.com/voodoo.html
I used a B&M shifter in a previous car and liked the larger, semi-heavy knob, so this one works out nicely.

I'm not sure on the original point of origin for seats and harnesses, but http://www.passwordjdm.com/ has one of the better prices on Bride Pros that I've seen. You'd have to ask OneSimpleRoadster where he got 'em.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Thats Straight up Gangsta. I was really sweating that seat hard when simple roadster sold them.... I ended up getting a pair of cobras...

·
Registered
204 Posts

I like that Tuckin99 bar alot. Sorry to go offtopic, but how do the eyelet bolts work? I know they hold the harness in place, but how exactly?

·
1,213 Posts

I like that Tuckin99 bar alot. Sorry to go offtopic, but how do the eyelet bolts work? I know they hold the harness in place, but how exactly?
harness straps have metal latches on end that have a sprung metal gate that hooks onto eyelet bolt .... kinda like a rock climbers caribina ( spelling ! )

·
Registered
592 Posts
Very nice, very tasteful.
Chris
*clicking on links to find red Brides

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

harness straps have metal latches on end that have a sprung metal gate that hooks onto eyelet bolt .... kinda like a rock climbers caribina ( spelling ! )

How difficult was it to get the seat to bolt in? Do you use factory slider rails?
Aside from not being able to lean the seat forward to tighten the rear bolts, install was a snap. The neighbours must think I'm pretty weird by now, as they've only seen my rear sticking out of the car for the past few days.
OSR sent Bride rails with the seats, so I didn't have to fab anything up. I'm just not patient enough to try making the stock sliders work right now, though I might give that a shot with the passenger seat in a couple of weeks.
If you want to give it a test sit, give me a call. Still got my number?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts