ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get another job today. I was on the road that is usually ok to speed on. The speed limit changes in intervals. Well, I saw a car pulled over but I wasn't expecting another cop to be there aswell. All of the sudden a motor cycle cop puts his lights on and pulls me over. He said i was going 55 in 35. I didn't argue I was to busy thinking about how much insurance will be now. He gave me the ticket and before I left he said that I'm lucky that he doesn't give me a $300 "Amplified Exhaust" ticket because this is my first time pulled over. Seriously I never speed, but today i did. :cry:

All the cop saw was a 16 year old in a red sports car, with exhaust and the top down. He didn't see a broke ass 16 year old that can bearly pay for parts and insurance.

Well i have till january to pay. I'm happy about that because AutoX is this sunday and I need tires and rear brakes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
yeah i remember when i got my first speeding ticket... i was doing 86 in a 50 mph zone but they guy charged me for 70.. i didnt argue but he was a bit of an ass

·
Registered
720 Posts
All the cop saw was a 16 year old in a red sports car, with exhaust and the top down. He didn't see a broke ass 16 year old that can bearly pay for parts and insurance.
you were speeding + cop = ticket

cops wont feel compassion for you they are not the dali lama!

take traffic school so your insurance wont go up (or is this only for CA?)

·
Registered
718 Posts
you can just keep changing your court date and eventually the cop might just stop caring. you can also argue by mail AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Take the traffic school. It sounds boring, but I actually had fun, the teachers are usually pretty cool.

Here's my bit on this....I've had 6 speeding tickets, 4 court appearances, and 5 days in jail for missing a court date (not intentionally!!!) I learned the hard way not to speed, please don't make my mistake. My insurance is still outrageous and I haven't had a ticket in over a year and half, not to mention the hundreds or even thousands of dollars spent on court fees and fines.

When I drive, no more than 5 over the limit, usually I do the speed limit. I've actually done a little experiment....I did a trip that usually takes about 80-85 minutes. Once I did it doing consistently 100mph or more, and once doing the exact speed limit. There was maybe a 10-15 minute difference in total trip time, and I'll tell you what, I was a lot more comfortable making the trip driving the speed limit.

Just take your time, leave a little earlier if you have to be somewhere at a certain time. Besides, you'd be surprised what you might miss in terms of scenery when you go haulin' ass by it :wink:

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
first of all im 18 now.

i remember my first ticket(16yrs old. 6 months after having a license).... Reckless driving 76 in a 35. I was late for mid-terms and started hauling ass down the road i live off of.

anyways, between then and now i've been pulled over a total of 22 times gotten 13 tickets, all of which are for either stupid little things like no tag lights, and speeding. funny thing is, i used a lawyer for my first ticket and thats it. i only have 4 points total for all of that. oh and my insurance hasnt changed. :-D all of the tickets i was charged for were only one pointers and dont hit insurance :-D

its hard not to do stupid **** in a car that weighs nothing and has alot of power.... i do the speed limit now, since one, my beater truck is slow as balls and 2, i cant afford the extra bills because im building the beast. :-D

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I agree with Ben (luv2turn). The way I look at it is that there are red lights everywhere. If you pass me doing +15mph, I'll just mosey along right behind you while your stuck at the light.

Theres no point in speeding.

·
Registered
332 Posts
300 dollars for a loud exhaust? damn i only paid 10 bucks for the fix it ticket i got...i got pulled over 4 times and 2 speeding tickets...IT SUCKSSS.....cause of money.....HEHE oh yeah..dont do the online traffic school...it's boring and it's more time consuming

·
Registered
222 Posts
what state was this in? and was it within 1 mile of the sign that said that the speed was changing? also, what was the speed on the sign before that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
300 dollars for a loud exhaust? damn i only paid 10 bucks for the fix it ticket i got...i got pulled over 4 times and 2 speeding tickets...IT SUCKSSS.....cause of money.....HEHE oh yeah..dont do the online traffic school...it's boring and it's more time consuming
I did online traffic school twice and it only took about 1 hour for each of them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
my first time... I got a $600 for drifting thru an intersection 8) haha my bad I guess... I took it to court and told them i have wide feet and the miata has pedles that are too close together and they dropped it to $55 :D

Sorry to hear about ur ticket man

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
sorry to hear about the ticket that really sucks,

btw na3turbo, 13 tickets and your 18 :shock:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just showing up in court will get your fine reduced. One of my coworkers said he went to court for 95 in a 55 and the judge went through about 30 people in under 45 minutes.

"OK, next person. 40 in a 30, one Failure To Appear. Waive FTA, $115 fine. Agreeable? Good. Next person."

No speeding tickets for me, but I do have one stop sign and one carpool lane violation on my record. A word from the wise - don't drive in the carpool lane during rush hour solo. It was a $365 mistake.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found out i have to go to teen court. It cost $25. My friend was going 25 over and he paid the court cost and $25 to take the traffic class and that was it.

Bossier City, Louisiana just passed a db law on exhaust, but the thing about it is they dont use a db meter. They use there own hearing and judgment.

I was actually clocked in a 45 but got pulled over in a 35. Hell if all I have to pay is $50, I'll take that. It is better than paying the real cost of $214 (thats new exhaust or rear brakes.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was actually clocked in a 45 but got pulled over in a 35. Hell if all I have to pay is $50, I'll take that. It is better than paying the real cost of $214 (thats new exhaust or rear brakes.)
well, thats good.

in jersey, you cant get clocked within 1 mile of a speedchange. Unless you were going faster than the last speed zone, if the zone you are in is lower.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts