ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
First post hopefully some people can offer some advice.

I have a 91 NA with 1.8 brakes. I am looking to get a decent set of wheels along the lines of te37s or ssr mesh/mk2’s.I’ve trawled through the fitment thread and kinda decided 14s are the way to go with a good grippy tyre.

my main question is if the 14s fit over the 1.8 brakes. Any input of width/et would be appreciated? From what I can gather the following sizes for standard arch NAs

14x7 square for te37s (et10-20)
14x7.5 and 14x8 staggered for dished SSR

· R U ?
13,942 Posts
I don't think the 1.8 sport brakes clear 14's. if you got the regular NA or non sport brake 99-00 1.8 brakes you should be all good.

as for offset..that's up to you and how much hella-flush you want. 14x7 +28 is accepted as pushing it in terms of not being cool.

· Registered
706 Posts
i don't have experience w 1.8 brakes, but with SSR's, you'll likely need around 3-5mm spacers to clear the caliper, regardless of 1.6 or 1.8 brakes

i'm at 14x7 et0 with just a good fender roll, and the fitment's pretty good i think. but my height and spring rates (8k/6k) are too low for 185/60, so i'm limited to 185/55.

it also depends on how performance oriented you are and how much you want to deal with likely limited 14" tire selection

· Registered
1 Posts
I don't have experience with 1.8 brakes, but whether you have 1.6 or 1.8 brakes, you'll probably require spacers of about 3-5mm to clear the caliper.

With just a good fender roll and 14x7 et0 tires, the fitment is, in my opinion, quite good. I can only get 185/55 because of my height and the spring rates for banking (8k/6k) are too low for 185/60.

It also depends on how performance-focused you are and how willing you are to deal with the perhaps constrained choices of 14" tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts