ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a used Borla exhaust on my car and the thing drones real bad. It's really boomy and the tone is really hash when you get on it. It has for sure seen some miles so I wonder if the muffler is blown out.

Anyways, what do you guys think is the best option for quieting the thing down and getting rid of the 3k-4k drone? Should a nice sized resenator keep me happy or should I look at replacing the muffler?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
In my experience resonators don't make to big a difference. I'm not a fan, they leave the exhaust sounding hollow IMO. I think you will be much happier with a muffler, or a glasspack.

·
Sponsor
26 Posts
Give the exhaust system a shake and listen for weird noises (internal baffle broken or sound like sand in the muffler) then you may need to replace the muffler. How old is the exhaust system?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's seen some years. Best estimate would probably be around 3. It was advertised as a borla but I wonder now if it was made by someone else and they just used a borla muffler. The tip does not look like a borla tip. Here are some pictures I took yesterday while restoring it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went out and shook it back and forth. All I could hear was some slight movement, it sounded like there may have been one loose piece inside the muffle. Not a can of rocks but there was some noise coming from inside it.

·
Sponsor
26 Posts
I built that one several years ago. We haven't used those hangers since late 2006 or early 2007. Adding a resonator will definitely help the drone. Since you are local. Call me if you would like to add the resonator. I'll be glad to help. (404)310-3302.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts