ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about picking up a miatas that rear ended someone(aka, its front is crunched). I know it needs a radiator, lights, hood, bumper, and core support. Any idea how much work is required in replacing the front core support? I still need to see if the sides are strait or bent as well, as I cant tell from the pics. Anything else I should look at before determining if it can be rebuilt, or should I just part it out?

Mods, if there is a better place for this thread then please move it.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
its a PITA ask bill wilner.

Oh, wait, you cant anymore.

anyways, its alot of work, id part it out. you could get a clean NA cheaper than you could fix it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I think I missed something in my leave of absence.

Ill probibly just end up parting out the whole thing unless someone wants to help me with the reassembly of the front. Im going super stripped down race version with my next miata. No real power adders whatsoever untill I run out of other things to do.

·
Registered
439 Posts
bill was quoted >1k to weld on another front frame.

unless you can do good repair work by urself or find someone that can.. part it out

i've been told that even then the chassis still might not be as strong as it used to be new

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
If there's any frame damage, it's just not worth it.

·
3,857 Posts
bill was quoted >1k to weld on another front frame.

unless you can do good repair work by urself or find someone that can.. part it out

i've been told that even then the chassis still might not be as strong as it used to be new
[off topic]Bill also disappeared from CR because he had an argument with the landlord of CR.
I think this is totally selfish - I tried to confirmed it but TimAlen never bothered to answer my PM.
I guess I should stop now because who knows what will happen to me too #-o
That's why whoever supports Bill has his logo in his signature [/off topic]
If it has frame damage think about $1.5K minimum even if it's bent just a little bit :(

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts

anyways, its alot of work, id part it out. you could get a clean NA cheaper than you could fix it.
Yea, get a clean car to start off with. Bill Wilner of miataroadster.com decided to finally part out that $500 front end wreck. It was way too much work and money. Like everyone says, start out with a clean bodied car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alrighty then, Ill just pull this one apart it looks like.

Thanks for the quick responses' Hopefully I can make enough from the partout to afford a working one'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts