ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from checking on the car's progress at the paint shop. There's been a few weeks of delays since the last update, but we finally have made some progress. The car has been given stripes!

The lightinng for the pics wasn't very good as the car was still in the paintbooth. The green color of the car doesn't show up very well, but you can still get an idea of the stripes proportions from the pics. As you can see, I went WIDE with the stripes. It looks fantastic in person, really complimenting the Pitcrew nose and the wide body. I'm very pleased with the result.

Next, the hardtop & targa tops will be fitted and striped to match, then clearcoating/surface sanding. The car should be ready to come home from the paint shop around the same time as the Atom is brought home...TOO MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE!!! #-o

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
holy crap. allow me to congratulate you in advance for miata of the month.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am not feeling the colors, but the worksmanship looks spot-on.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
3,542 Posts
David,

It looks great! Perfect width and spacing for your car!!!! I'm sure those colors will come alive in the sunlight! :)

It's coming home the same time as the Atom?! Man, I'd love to have your problem ;)

·
Mufasa in Training
33,009 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot you had a targa top! How do you like it?
Don't use it much, really. It's more of a style piece. I consider it a heavy/expensive windblocker. :lol:
Does it actually do the job, or just let in more wind/noise?
Mixed bag, actually. It creates the some wind buffeting from the side similar to a hard top with the windows rolled down would create, but no wind comes in from the top or rear.

·
3,542 Posts
Targa top will give the car a 4th "look" (aside from topless soft/hard top). And the retro them will go well with it I think.

Looking forward to seeing the car with the Watanabes/SportMaxes on!

·
Registered
692 Posts
holy crap dave, i cant wait till you let me drive it to the kinod... i mean since youre going to have the atom and all. looks real good man

·
3,857 Posts
Very beautiful David!
You know I'm a fan of wide stripes...and your look AWESOME!!!

Can wait to see the whole car completed!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts