ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear quarter panels & rear of the car has been painted with the proper color of green selected for the car. I'm very pleased with how it looks so far. As promised, this time I actually have pics! The colors of green are sorta close, but they were very difficult to capture on camera. In these pics, there's a sort of teal tone to the green which isn't there in real life--it's much more green looking in person.

Attachments

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Fleetcolor paint update (Jul 22)

More pics... :)

Attachments

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Fleetcolor paint update (Jul 22)

Overall views of the car so far.

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
How exciting!
I hope to be at the stage you're at in about 6 months.
Congratulations!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

·
1,213 Posts
looking good woolery ...

did you put the swage line through the rear tuckin99 flares yourself ? they don't come like that !!?

lookin sweet , you're gonna need nicer wheels to pull the whole look off though :wink:

when you getting the front end done ? can't wait to see it all reunited :lol:

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking good woolery ...

did you put the swage line through the rear tuckin99 flares yourself ? they don't come like that !!?

lookin sweet , you're gonna need nicer wheels to pull the whole look off though :wink:

when you getting the front end done ? can't wait to see it all reunited :lol:
-I did the swage line myself. That way, the rear bumper can be easily removed without disturbing the flares. Makes things cleaner that way, too.

-I was planning on running those steelies for a nice vintage/jalopy look, but have been having second thoughts about it. :lol:

-The front end (along with doors, trunk, etc.) will be remounted and painted this week. The car should be all back together and fully painted green (sans stripes) by next Saturday's update.

·
3,542 Posts
Oh yeah it's coming together nicely! So I guesstimate 2-3 months and it's done?

Just for kicks, have the steelies painted fire engine red :twisted:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
hey woolery. so what pattern are you gonna go with for the yellow stripes? and are the stripes gonna be painted on or vinyl? i think one single stripe down the middle would probably look best and taper it from the windshield forward have it get narrower and end it possibly approximately where the stock bumper emblem would go and possibly follow the entire stripe with a spaced pinstripe.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey woolery. so what pattern are you gonna go with for the yellow stripes? and are the stripes gonna be painted on or vinyl? i think one single stripe down the middle would probably look best and taper it from the windshield forward have it get narrower and end it possibly approximately where the stock bumper emblem would go and possibly follow the entire stripe with a spaced pinstripe.
There will be two 11" wide yellow stripes separated by a 1" gap. The stripes will go fully across the entire car, including lower front and rear bumpers. They will also be painted on. Classic stripe look, but made bolder by going wider than usual (usually stripes like these are 8" wide with a 2" gap). It sounds wierd, but I think it'll work.

·
Registered
582 Posts
its lookin great man! its nice to have pics every stage you're at. It will be a great cover story for any miata project topics in magazines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts