ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a teaser of the setup I built with the help of a good friend of mine.

Photos of it installed and beam patterns soon. I just need to figure out the best way to do some "permanent" sleepy eyes. And to wire the bixenon solenoid to the stock high beam switch.

Anyone know how to wire the popups permanently? I want it to operate like normal headlight. I am currently thinking about a timer switch or perhaps opening up the motors to see how the stop mechanism works.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
Didn't Matt_V or someone do the same thing? Or is that your friend? Looks good. I'd love to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
how are the HIDs switching between low beam and high beam? From what I gathered, it takes longer than a normal halogen to switch is that correct?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ :woolery: That came out all wrong. I used Fx-R 2.0s but the "fixed" version without the bowling problem.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you want simple permanent sleepy eyes (i.e. they don't go all the way down, but they do come up when you turn on the headlights), your best bet is to shorten the swingarm (which rotates when the headlight motors turn) and lengthen the pushrod (connecting headlight bucket to swingarm).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I want are headlights that go all the way down but come up half way. While stil using the original combo switch. Changing the pivot arm length won't do any good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aite, after studying the wiring diagram I have figured out how I want to rig the low beam to stay on when high beaming. That is to bypass the combination switch by jumping W/B and R/B.

And for the sleepy headlights I have stolen the idea to shorten the pivot arms by some rx7 guy. Basically I just have to make the pivot arm shorter when open and same when closed.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You only have 1 funtion bulb. When you need the high beams, the cutoff shield folds down and then you will have high beam. Perfect, its instant high beam. No warming up or something.

·
Registered
945 Posts
When you see people driving towards you, then swerving off the road into trees, it's because you've blinded them with HID's mounted in a Miata. you better point those things low.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
When you see people driving towards you, then swerving off the road into trees, it's because you've blinded them with HID's mounted in a Miata. you better point those things low.
You're an idiot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts