ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admission is FREE, and it should be a great day to look at some Miatas and cars of all types as well...

Devereaux-Kaiser show is Sunday Jan 28th. Last year they estimated between 1000-1200 cars were on hand. Some of the members of my local club have been going for 10 years and they have moved twice and this is a new location this year. They usually drop a couple of hundred in attendance as the snowbirds aren't aware of the new location.

It is definitely worth the drive down (particularly if the weather is good) They open up at 8 am and if you want to park as a group you need to be there early. There is so much to see and look at most people just show up whenever, park wherever and start walking around. Like I said there will be everything from WW II jeeps to collector Ferraris and everything in between.

New location is Ed Smith (Tuttle) Stadium:
2700 12th Street (12th Street and Tuttle Avenue),
Sarasota, FL

Directions Coming from the north on I-75, exit at University Parkway; go west on University to Tuttle; turn left and head south on Tuttle; stadium is located on the right at the intersection of 12th and Tuttle. There is adequate signage to the stadium.

Here's a link from his club's website for last year's show:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/tbahc/2006devereaux/2006Dereaux.htm

Anyone going? There are at least 10 Miatas from my local club going! :mrgreen:

Sarasota Miatas, where you at? Tampa? Brandon?, Riverview?, Apollo Beach? St. Pete? Clearwater? This is very close to most of us!

PhatMiata :mrgreen:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just sent out an email to the Space Coast Miata Club (I'm the new events coordinator) to try to drum up some interest.

I *really* wish you left-coast guys would give me some lead in time on the events you hold out there.. its tough to organize a 3+hr drive-out without a few weeks notice. Who do I need to talk to in the Miata clubs out there to get hooked up and start coordinating events?

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I'll make it this time! What do you call early?

Isn't there another meet in Tampa the same day?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who do I need to talk to in the Miata clubs out there to get hooked up and start coordinating events?
Ill send you all the info from our local sites via PM, thanks for putting the word out with your club, this was more of the "hey lets meet up" type deal, not really something formal where we sat down and planned out. We will have a another BIG all Mazda event on March 10th, in Brandon, FL however i still dont have anymore details as of yet, still waiting to hear back from Mazda.

Phatty :mrgreen:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just sent out an email to the Space Coast Miata Club (I'm the new events coordinator) to try to drum up some interest.

I *really* wish you left-coast guys would give me some lead in time on the events you hold out there.. its tough to organize a 3+hr drive-out without a few weeks notice. Who do I need to talk to in the Miata clubs out there to get hooked up and start coordinating events?
since when there is a space coast miata club ??? no body every told me that
add me, [email protected]

oh and sarasota is too far :(

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
add me, [email protected]

oh and sarasota is too far :(
b005td, fill out your profile information to include your City/State and im sure more people can find you from the board to PM you on local events in your area. :wink:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Since 1989. We're the second oldest Miata Club in the U.S.

For more info check out www.spacecoastmiataclub.com
awesome, just wondering how old is the youngest member in the club ?
18, but Kara is the second youngest at 26 and I'm 3rd at 27. The club is largely 40+ but still a fairly lively group, and we're always looking for new, younger members (I've been wanting to get a group of SCMC members out to the autoX events, but they're somewhat intimidated.) That said, as we acquire more younger members, it will be easier to tailor the club activities to whatever we want to do as a group, and still have the "cruise somewhere and eat ice-cream" events for the older folks (which honestly can be fun too.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
18, but Kara is the second youngest at 26 and I'm 3rd at 27. The club is largely 40+ but still a fairly lively group, and we're always looking for new, younger members (I've been wanting to get a group of SCMC members out to the autoX events, but they're somewhat intimidated.) That said, as we acquire more younger members, it will be easier to tailor the club activities to whatever we want to do as a group, and still have the "cruise somewhere and eat ice-cream" events for the older folks (which honestly can be fun too.)
u know for a second i looked at the pics on the website they are all like ... the older folks.
but as long as there are a few younger ones in there i should be ok, i m 22

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to stick with it, and once more younger guys show up, you all can do your own thing, use this as a platform to might more owners with your same interests. That is what we did here in Tampa, and we actually got enough guys to start our own little club. It works out good becasue we send the wine and cheese crowd to the sunriders club, and they send us the young bucks that want to mod and track their Miatas.

Phatty

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
**UPDATE**

I have just been made aware there is a $25 fee if you wish to actually SHOW your car. Sorry guys, i just found this out, im guessing it there to keep the ricers, and other junkers out of the show.

Im stilll gonna SHOW at the SHOW hehehe :mrgreen:

Phatty

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so everyone is bailing out now because of the $25 fee, that bites, maybe we can all just sleep in and meet up later for some group photos at a few different locations instead? anyone game for that?

Phat

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
so everyone is bailing out now because of the $25 fee, that bites, maybe we can all just sleep in and meet up later for some group photos at a few different locations instead? anyone game for that?

Phat
I posted on East-Side, I'm game, I gotta get those mirrors, side markers and some Stickers for my illness. I might put it in the show as "a work in progress" who knows, I'm def down for some group photos and possibly a drive also, I need to get some photos myself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts