ClubRoadster.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4th Annual Florida MIATA ONLY Car Show!!! \(^_^)/ (TAMPA, FL)

The time of year has come again to see some really sweet Miatas, and to meet & greet fellow Miata owners that share the same passion for these wonderful cars as you do!! So clean up your Miata, grab your co-pilot, and lets have some fun! PS bring a jacket, it might get cold this year, again. ;p

Feel free to post questions, or just to say "HEY", im going!! on this thread!

We will meet up to take a head count (getting bigger every year) and enjoy some good food, great company, and some really great Miatas! Plus we can take over the parking lot with Miatas! There is pleanty of overflow parking in the K-Mart Plaza lot attached to Sonics location (can hold 300 Miatas very easily). hehehee

This year we would like to invite ALL Florida Miata Clubs, to see how strong their showing is. Or any Miata's owners just down on vacation or in the area, we want you to come out and have a great time with us!!!

:mrgreen: WHEN: SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY December 16th, 2006
:mrgreen: WHERE: SONIC's Parking Lot
:mrgreen: TIME: 5pm Til ............ ?? (cows come home?)
:mrgreen: GOAL: See some cool Miatas, meet fellow owners, & eat!!
:mrgreen: LOCATION: Sonics @ Gandy Blvd (address below)

4411 WEST GANDY BOULEVARD
TAMPA, FL 33611
(813) 805-7446

GOOGLE MAP HERE!!
http://tinyurl.com/y4oepk

There are more pictures of our 1st "Annual" Event on the HomePage.
http://www.tampabaymiatas.net/gatherings_pages/12052003_eastandwest.htm

Something new this year, there will be MIATA PRIZES this year for the "Cleanest" Miata, "Most Moddified" Miata, "Highest Mileage" Miata & "Farthest Driven" Miata (incentive for the non-locals) hehehe, as well as a few door prizes to be raffled off!!! You dont need a ?show car? to attend, heck you just need your Miata, or have some enthusiasm for Miatas!!

Lets Shine them up, and Show them off!

ATTENTION MIATA VENDORS; if you would like to donate prizes to our Miata Only car show please contact Randy George directly via email at [email protected]

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 16-DEC-2006 4th Annual Florida MIATA ONLY Car Show!!!

Just because you moved out of state is no excuse Mr. Luna!!! [-X

your sexy NB will be greatly missed as well as its pilots hahhah :wink:

PhatMiata :mrgreen:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: 16-DEC-2006 4th Annual "FLORIDIANS" MIATA ONLY Car Show!!!

So that's why Tim has been making his engine so spotless, to win the "Cleanest" Miata & "Most Moddified" :p

Hahahhaa Actually, we have another member in the local club that has his engine bay so freaking clean you can see your face in the paint !!! :shock: The locals jokingly call him "Mr. Clean", but his car is always spotless whenever ive seen it. Tim would have some tough competition!!! :twisted:

Glad to see Jimmy @ Fuji-Racing is able to make it this year!! Alot of people in the local club are very interested in seeing his kits 1st hand!! =D> If there is anyone in Florida that has ever wanted to see his kits in person, now is your chance!

I think there might also be some other Tuners coming out this year, have to wait and see.

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

This might be a good time to ask for any of those odd parts or things you might need from fellow Miata owners (i.e. that odd bolt, bracket, etc.). Several of us have parts or donor cars from which to scavenge bits.
Good idea John!!! =D>

This can also double as a swap meet, so if there are any parts you want to sell, now is your chance, load them in the trunk and bring some cash in case someone has some parts you want to buy/trade for.

I have some parts i will bring for people to check out at the meeting, for sale and trade, and the ONLY way you are gonna see them is to SHOW UP! (loading trunk) 1028 Mirrors, Mazdaspeed Steering wheel, GTX Cam Cover, Okuyama Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber Intake, Road&Ster Books, AWD parts, JDM Badges, shift knobs, and whatever else i can find in the garage! :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Here is the updated list as of Thursday, i have alot of maybes, some on the fence, and lurkers that will just show without posting, so hopefully seeing this list of Miatas that ARE attending will get you motivated to post too!!

MEMBERS ATTENDING

PhatMiata (NA)
Cody (Turbo NB)
Muddy (Mazdaspeed Turbo NB)
Agoguen (NA)
Drasp (NA)
Miata-GT (NA)
Drive Topless (NA)
I8A-PONY (SuperCharged V8 )
Deadmeat (NA)
Tim Allen (IRTB)
Fergy (Supercharged NB)
Billy Young (NA)
Loren (R-PKG)
Sermon Nation (NA)
Nota24 (NA)
Jimmy (IRTB)
Grinerizer (Turbo NA)
SkinnyRoadster (NB)
chokeasphyxia (??)
Hammerhead (Turbo NA)
Sparky95 (NA)
2NDSHIFT (Turbo NB)
Wowak (NA)

Anyone else? please post if you are going so we can get a head count!

PhatMiata \(^_^)/

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Man that is really too bad you cannot make it up :? , there are quite a few members in my local club that wanted to see your Miata, and it would also be a great way to get more interested buyers in our area to see your car! :wink: There are a few guys looking to buy a turn-key turbo car here.

Not to mention a few wanting to see those flares installed on the car. =D>

BTW, Where in S.Florida are you at? I used to drive from Tampa,FL to Ft. Lauderdale every other weekend, its not to bad of a trip, (3 to 3.5 hours) maybe get some local Miata club members to ride up with you to make the drive up more fun?

The Everglades Miata Club used to have Miata Only Car show years back (mid-to late 90's) at the local Mazda Dealership, always a good showing there. That was the first time i met Wiz Performance, Rogue-Speed, Miata-World, and a few other Miata specific Tuners down there.

That club slacked off so we have started up the same concept here in Tampa, only we are more central to people in Florida, so we should have a bigger turnout. :mrgreen: (Last year was over 40 Miatas total, ... just not all at the same time. ) But funny becasue one Miata would leave, and one would be pulling in. =D>

Anyway, enough rambling........... Bring your cars out!!

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Next meet that we have up there, I will be there. No excuses.
Okay, we will hold you to that, the next BIG meeting is in March, the week of the 10th i believe. So mark your calendar. :wink:

I already told the 3 miata guys I know down here to go up there but they are all going to support my buddy in his miata at Hot Import Nights in Miami tomorrow night. Im not going though as I still have pletny of work to do on the car before tuesday.
I was not aware of the HIN in Miami, is Alex, or Eli showing their Miatas or the guy with the Blue Miata (forgot his name) tell them to post some pics up here for everyone to see.

It sucks man because there are alot Miatas down here but no one meets up anywhere. Ive been trying to get more Miata owners to get together but the only ones that do are the guys over on the rx7club.com that had rx7s (like me) and now have, or are getting miatas after seeing/ driving in mine. Just take lots of pics and maybe someone make a sign with my forum name on it and put it in a parking space so ill be there in some fashion LOL. Have fun guys!.
That was how it was here to, except the local club was ALOT older, and they just drive to the opera, or some wine and dine jazz. So i just started posting on M.net to see if anyone wanted to meet up at local car shows. Met a handful of owners that wanted a different style of club and wahlaa, we created our very own club. From their we made cheap business cards up and placed them on Miatas in local parking lots, or even flagged some guys down and talked with them in traffic about the club we started. That was back in 2000, now we have about 100 members, and at least 20 are very active in in club.

IF YOU BUILD A MIATA CLUB, THEY WILL COME!! :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Wow, that was a good turnout, we had about 40+ Miatas, and we had some nice freebie prizes (aftermarket gauges, shift knobs, twi-lights) we raffled off from Rspeed (thanks Joe) as well as the local Freman Mazda Dealership that donated some Mazdaspeed hats, and other goodies.

We had some really nice Miatas out here!! A SuperCharged V8 Miata, some Turbo Miatas, a couple Supercharged Miatas, Tims IRTB powered Miata! =D> That **** is sick!!! Nice job Tim, i think you need GOLD trumpets though! :wink: Needs some more eye candy bro!! hahhaa

The highlights of the night >>>

Dennis' Screaming Yellow (NA) Miata was not available for this show, as it seems his 616hp Turbo Roadsters motor is being transplanted into a tubeframe (NB) Miata which should easily be a 9-second monster. :shock: Here is his old yeller Miata http://www.globalnetspace.com/miata.html

Sooooooo....... instead of the Miata, he brought out his daily driver, hahahaa a 880+ rwhp Porsche!!!! #-o :shock: :mrgreen: =D> What a beast!!!!! http://www.globalnetspace.com/porsche.html

Later after things slowed down, another guy pulled up with a R33 Skyline. :shock: Very cool. =D> Aint seen this one before, he says he just moved here from Japan, hahhaa must be nice right? lucky bastard, haha

I think a good night was had by all, hope our next event in March is much bigger, seems as if alot of folks dipped out for lame Xmas parties.... bahhumbug, Miatas for the win!!!

Pics to come later from fellow members of this forum that DID remember to bring cameras. #-o

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
dan rasp took some photos of the meeting after all the hooked up Miatas started showing up, but he has not posted them yet. I forgot my camera, so i have nadda. sorry

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks dan-o

I think too many people were ogggling over the cars and nobody was thinking to take pics as we are all the same locals, and we have seen each others cars 100+ times, hahaha

Next event is gonna be a daylight event, (March 10) and i will take alot of pictures of the cars, and all of their detailed parts.

And yeah, once the sun went down all the hooked up cars came outta the woodwork, and all the stock looking cars went home to bed, haaha, go figure.

Peter, i aint post those from other pics from the other forums cause those Miatas all looked stock to me, boooo :twisted:

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR DONATING PRIZES:

Joe & Crew from R-SPEED.net
Stacy @ Ferman Mazda Parts Dept
Casey Norris @ Pep Boys! :wink:

PhatMiata

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
oh damn i would have gone if i knew this
You have to read the board more often, where are you located, fill out your profile, there is couple more big meetings coming up, one is Sarasota, FL on Jan 28th, and another in Tampa on Mar 10th. Details on the big meets will follow in another thread.............

And alot of the local clubs have meetings every week!! East-Side Tampa Miatas meets every Wednesday, West-Side SunRiders meets every Tuesday, Orlando's Dirty Fingernails gang meets every Monday, and Orlando Roadsters meet every Friday or Thursday i believe?

PhatMiata

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.