ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing ebay for some front end parts....... came across these and emailed the guy asking if he had the pics of the ACTUAL miata lights yet (he had just RX7 examples)... he just put them up.

Thought maybe someone with some $ would want them? I don't have enough. :cry:

Has anyone seen/heard of these before??

easyrider714 said:
Up for auction is a Flushmount Headlight Kit for the 90 - 97 Mazda Miata! I bought this kit about three months ago and never got around to the install. The kit is made up of a fiberglass housing with a heat treated plexyglass top cover. The housing can be painted to match your car or, you can leave them black, very nice kit. The picture shown is the kit for the RX-7, only because my camera is giving me problems at the moment. The kits look identical, just shaped differently. I promise to have pics of the actual kit by the end of the week end.

I got these from a guy in Puerto Rico that custom made these for about five years. This was the last set he made so I bought them up. Lately my motor has needed more work than the body so I'm letting them go. They come without instructions, but seems to be an easy Be one of very few to own this kit. Here are some pics of the actual kit, not the best but, the best my camera would do for me. The L-Bracket shown mounts on the side of each light, the hole shown on the backside mounts to an existing bolt behind the o.e.m. headlights. Wiring looks to be custom, like I said they came without instructions!

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Looks like someone made their own flushmounts :? Looks good, except for the wiring :|

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Has anyone seen/heard of these before??
Yes. When the AAC kit was in development there was a long thread on Miata.net where people provided their input on the design of this new flush-mount headlight kit. For comparison, people also discussed the pros and cons of all the other known flush-mount headlight kits. I'm pretty certain the PR headlights were discussed as one of the other designs on the market but I don't recall what was said about them. I have no first hand experience with them but I used to see them on eBay occasionally. According to this particular seller the PR light kit is no longer being manufactured.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The light mounts dont look stable at all. I can totally see the light bouncing as you hit bumps in the road. I like DIY just so long as it doesnt LOOK DIY. ya know what i mean.

-Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts