ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one to go with?

The FM looks a million, the ISC like ****. But besides that any reason not to save some € (my keyboard lacks the dollar sign..) ;)
Furthermore FM only reccomends rear mounts - ISC makes them for front and rear??

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
All you are paying for is the pretty purple.

If you need more shock travel you need more shock travel, doesn't matter front or rear.

If I was buying top hats it wouldn't be anything but ISC

·
Registered
391 Posts
The FM mounts are specifically to increase the rear travel without actually reducing the rideheight.

ISC do both..crudely, but it works well.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Why do you need more shock travel? Many happy customer with both products..... I wouldn't shell out the cash for the FM ones though. ISC works at the track, so despite their looks, I wouldn't think twice about buying some.

BTW: If you're on stock shocks/springs, they're most likely blown; that's why the ride sucks, not the lack of travel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is ISC still in business?

I can't get a hold of them via phone, and their email address no longer works.
One of the email links on the site points to an AOL account that works when you click it (link text still shows other address). Just got a set of mounts a week or so ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do you need more shock travel? Many happy customer with both products..... I wouldn't shell out the cash for the FM ones though. ISC works at the track, so despite their looks, I wouldn't think twice about buying some.

BTW: If you're on stock shocks/springs, they're most likely blown; that's why the ride sucks, not the lack of travel.
I'm on lowering springs and Koni sport dampers. I want
to adjust the perches for more lowering. Have no idea right
now if i absolutely will be in need of the shock mounts.
But i guess they will do no harm?
Any issues with the missing edge support on the ISC
tophats?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Not really much support needed. You buy them, you put them in, they work. It's not a turbo system, it's a chunk of steel. ;)

The only possible downside is by gaining too much travel, you could put a wheel into a fender, depending on the width/offset you run.

EDIT: I see you have a 94. Try switching to 99+ tophats. No change in travel, but they'll drop you down about 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EDIT: I see you have a 94. Try switching to 99+ tophats. No change in travel, but they'll drop you down about 1/2 inch.
That's valuable information! :D
1/2 inch is just about what i had in mind to improve stance.
Searched some more - look's like Fatcat have some nice
parts for someone like me who's not into experimenting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
got a question, i recently bought rokkor, ricelands new line same **** different color, and im having an issue with hitting the bumpstop. i have already read to remove helper springs and cut bumpstops for a shittier but low ride. What im asking is would 99+ tophats or isc be the way to go?

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,527 Posts
got a question, i recently bought rokkor, ricelands new line same **** different color, and im having an issue with hitting the bumpstop. i have already read to remove helper springs and cut bumpstops for a shittier but low ride. What im asking is would 99+ tophats or isc be the way to go?
Raise your car and put the helper springs back on. If you choose not to do that, buy extended top hats.

·
Registered
167 Posts
that's what racelands/rokkors do..live with it. live with your shitty suspension choice! LIVE WITH IT!
i know i made the choice and knew it. hit a curb a month ago and bent a strut so cheap fix, 350$ shipped with a 3 year warrenty, ehh. deffinately gonna get some teins or megans soon

·
Registered
167 Posts
Raise your car and put the helper springs back on. If you choose not to do that, buy extended top hats.
a. like my height and b. would have to get another alignment so im just gonna try and fix existing. then use the same tops with new suspension later down the road... thanks XD

1 - 20 of 44 Posts