ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my timing belt/water pump replacement, and wanted to inform others and flyin' miata of my satisfaction with their tool kit. The cam tool worked perfectly to lock my cam gears, and the front main seal installer made me confident of a leak free instillation. After 5 hours the car is up and running, with no leaks and a happy temperature gauge. I would highly recommend buying their tool kit if you plan on doing a timing belt job.

oh, and the bottle opener works great. :D

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Might as well add my feedback:

I bought a set of these for the speed shop I work at. We have a lot of miatas come in.....front main seals, timing belts, water pumps, idler pullies.....I can practically pull the front of a miata motor apart blindfolded.

These tools (specifically the cam gear tool) have made my life and the lives of my coworkers much simpler. Thank you!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the cam gear tool in preparation for my timing belt change coming up, it looks like a nice piece and opens beer bottles flawlessly :)

Hopefully soon I will have feed back on its other intended function.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hehe. When I do my next 60k maintenance I will definitely get the ninja tool and other special tools FM makes. I used the wrenches on the cams clamped together method last time.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'll attest to the big snout, and the pulley bar. Both were insanely helpful. After doing the job, I'm wishing my customer had ordered the gear tool, would have been much easier than the 2 wrench & clamp trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts