ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recoment a decent ( reasonably priced ) clutch ?

I will be running a lightened Maruha or Toda chromoly flywheel and have noticed a couple of "set" deals on the Maruha site ...

I will be running an NA setup with AE101/R S Aizawa IRTB's and a polished/ported head with some more aggressive cams ...

any suggestions would be welcome

TIA

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
I run a Spec Stage 2. Nearly OEM pedal feel and a holding capacity greater than what I would need.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, should have mentioned for 1992 NA6CE ...

thanks Bryan , they seem to only be available for 1994 -

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Like many people I have been disappointed with the pedal feel of my ACT HD. It's better than it was but still sucks during break-in period and when the engine is cold. When warm it feels fine - weird, right? My next clutch will be Spec Stage 2 or go totally badass like y8s did and get a multi-plate Tilton setup.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doh, I will look again ... the first place I looked at only had them for NA8 !!!

thanks guys ...

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
Not a problem, Michael. Just wondering if you needed a hand locating one :)

BTW...supposedly Clutchnet stuff is the cat's meow. I've never driven a car with one, but I seem to recall you can do custom ordering with them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Like many people I have been disappointed with the pedal feel of my ACT HD. It's better than it was but still sucks during break-in period and when the engine is cold. When warm it feels fine - weird, right? My next clutch will be Spec Stage 2 or go totally badass like y8s did and get a multi-plate Tilton setup.
aw shucks.

I do smell something twin plate cooking on FM's grill....

Otherwise, spec stage 2 sounds reasonable. With N/A power even stepping up to a 1.8L light flywheel and stock clutch would be adequate and easy drivin'.

Matt

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
Honestly, you should be able to get away with a SPEC Stage 1. According to the mfgr's site, the Stage 1 will hold 199ft/lbs, more than your mildly modded engine will likely ever put out :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just ordered an RPS Max kit w/ an organic street disc.. I'll let you know how it feels once I get it in. I was afraid of the ACTs due to stiff pedal I always hear about, and I read some bad reviews that scared me off the SPECs too.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Great.. RPS just replied to my order with "sorry our RPS Max kits have been discontinued for 1.6L miatas". So, seems I'll be looking elsewhere. Maybe a SPEC afterall. :-k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts