ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a full 1.8 motor, all necessary parts and connections, how necessary would it be for me to buy the FM 1.8 swap kit?

·
Banned
3,279 Posts
define parts and connections..
If it includes all of the following

EGR plate kit
throttle cable bracket
coil bracket
motor mount brackets
throttle body adaptor kit
electrical parts needed to extend your CAS wiring.

Then no.. if you do not have all of the following.. then yes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you need the kit I'd recommend getting it sooner than later. I ordered the kit early April, and am just receiving it today. It seems to be an item the doesn't stay on the shelf for very long. This was the second item I ordered from flyin miata that was on back order and took more than two months to receive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i can tell you now the TB adapter is backordered, as i tried to order it wednesday. got the email yesterday, didnt check it til this morning.

so i asked them to ship it without that adapter/take it off my order, and ill just make my own.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've got a question about the 1.6 to 1.8 conversion.

If you swap a 1.8 into a NA6, and still use the 1.6 ECU. Wouldn't it behave as a 1.6? Or would it run exacly as a 1.8?

Why wouldn't the 1.6 ECU only give it enough fuel to run as a 1.8? I am asking this as a noob :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
The kit makes the swap stoopid simple to do. Like most of FM's products, it's well put together and works exactly as advertised. Now if they would make an intake that adapts everything nicely as well, that would be awesome. The ECU works just like normal. With the larger injectors from the 1.8, it works just like it's supposed to. You could swap ECU's but you would have to do some repinning and wiring work, and it isn't necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts