ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

I understand this was discontinued. Anyone know why?

I believe it was quality related!

Also has anyone onhere got one on there car?

The opportunity has arisen to get one but form where i can see the vents are above the cam cover so with it raining allot in the Uk is this gonna cause a problem?

anyway heres the pics of the hood:

·
Mufasa in Training
32,632 Posts
I seem to remember Keith was saying that they were having troubles with their subcontractors, so they decided to discontinue it. It really isn't all that light compared to stock or the FRP one, so it didn't make sense to keep trying to produce and sell a product they didn't believe in.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,632 Posts
Honestly, I don't have any firsthand info. I'd contact FM if you are really worried about it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i could see some wet spark plugs with that thing with alot of rain. wet spark plugs = the suck hehe. i think a stage 21 on your car would look awesome, and all the vents on that hood are in places that shouldnt cause problems with rain.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Have a look here:

http://www.flyinmiata.com/projects/CF_hood.asp

"A common question - what happens with the new hood when it rains? Keith's neighbours are a little worried about him now, but he proved that it has no effect on the car. The sprinkler ran for about 45 minutes and the car started right up"

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have this hood for sale..they told me it's because the imperfection in the cf..also.. the shop that produces their hoods told me they rejected it because of the hood latch is thinner than the oem hoods

1 - 8 of 8 Posts