ClubRoadster.net banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
ended up thinking of a similar method....my bench vice sitting on top of a skateboard with some books to elevate the vice....was almost perfect height & I was able to do 8" sections at a time :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That is some nice ingenuity, I love figuring things out like that.

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
well after a short drive around the block I gotta say, they make a nice difference around corners & uneven pavement.....too bad the butterfly would never work on my car(custom exhaust & lowered)

·
Banned
478 Posts
the door bell rang yesterday morning while I was on CR.net & I was too busy posting to get the door. when I left that afternoon to grab some food, I noticed my TURBO DOG package. in my head I said, SWEET; threw them inside & am now looking at the box as it sits on the couch untouched as of yet (lazy).

so until their bolted, or even opened, all I can say is: they feel heavy!

did I at least get a sticker with my purchase? :woolery:

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Fifty-five people ended up participating in this group buy. Nice job folks. Thats nearly three times the required amount.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1. ajtopal
2. Spocknasty
3. SmokeSR
4. Verwah
5. Snake520
6. BrokeTuner
7. kung fu jesus
8. midnitehour
9. howangsNA
10. icantthink4155
11. j-radvw
12. driftz
13. demoniam
14. Depulse
15. The_Guff
16. aalvarez04
17. aballoonflies
18. GVwannabe
19. Munique
20. r-unit69
21. monkey.magicx
22. stormin'norman
23. jdmfc3s90
24. gab0ng

would love to know the price though

·
Registered
380 Posts
Please read the thread before posting!

The group buy went through. 63 people took part. It's now closed, so please don't call us up asking if you can get in on it. We have to close these sometime, and we let this one run for an extra week to give everyone a chance.

The group buy is over - thanks to everyone who took part.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Please read the thread before posting!

The group buy went through. 63 people took part. It's now closed, so please don't call us up asking if you can get in on it. We have to close these sometime, and we let this one run for an extra week to give everyone a chance.

The group buy is over - thanks to everyone who took part.
lol, my bad... i guess I should've read the post above mine XD

·
Registered
172 Posts
Fabel, these are the original frame rail reinforcements introduced for the Miata. They've been on the market for five years and there are probably hundreds of good reviews of them online.

The big difference between the FM ones and the V8 Roadster and Boss Frog units is material. The FM units are stainless steel (including all the fasteners), the others are mild steel with powdercoating. Since it's not unusual for these to get scraped as part of regular driving - just look at your factory rails - powdercoat will get removed and the rails will start to rust. Thanks to the cutouts in the rails, the FM ones are also lighter than both. The FM rails are also the only ones that are compatible with the butterfly brace.

I'll vouch for this product. It is by far the best looking compared to their competition and the highest quality. I bought my FM frame rails new and the butterfly brace used a while back and I will definitely tell you that this made a HUGE difference on how the car felt. The frame rails made the car feel stiffer and tight...but when the butterfy brace was installed oh man it felt WAY tighter! So don't just get the frame rails get the butterfly brace also. As far as the shimmy shake is concerned the Boss Frog frog arms pretty much did the most to take care of that problem. Now my car has virtually no shimmy at all and I'm running on 225x50 r15 Yok ES100 tires with 15x7 team dynamics pro 1.2 rims.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts