ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Something must have been wrong with both my miatas as I could always jack both wheels on the same side at once. And the jack didnt need to be in the middle of the chassis either.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
^ Yup. The Harbor Freight 3000 lb quick lift is pretty good. I've had one for 6 or 7 years. It has been very reliable.

They also have a 3000 lb non-quick lift that's about 25% smaller. This one is regularly on sale for $60ish.

The silver one is the quick lift. It's much better than the small jack.

http://revlimiter.net/blog/2009/10/harbor-freight-racing-jack-shrink-ray/

·
Supporting Member
796 Posts
I have the small blue one^. I did get mine on sale for $60 a few yrs ago.

Is the larger/silver jack's saddle as low as the blue jack's?

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
The silver one is at 3.5" saddle height. The blue one is 3.125" height. That extra lowness makes all the difference.

I used the FM adapter this weekend! It was great. Fit under my wife's NB with no problems. I need to drill a hole in the little blue jack's saddle so that I can mount the adapter permanently.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Northern Tool has some decent deals as well. I needed a low one for the Miata and one tall enough for my Silverado. It was 139 on the website with 3.5 ton capacity. I don't think I'll ever need another jack for my lifetime. It was Arcan (?) brand.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Where is the group buy for these? LOL Adam, you need to fill those floor joints in with a semi-rigid polyurea, it would make rolling those jacks across the floor easier. Let me know, i hook you up!

·
Supporting Member
257 Posts
I would be all over this if I didn't have a lift. :woolery:

·
Registered
380 Posts
They also fit a 1972 MGB GT. Just in case anyone's wondering :)

Thanks for the kind words, guys. These have been a very popular little product. Slipping shouldn't be a problem because, well, you've got about a half-ton of pressure holding it in place and very little side load.

·
Registered
108 Posts
huge fan of my jack adaptor - learned the hard way you cant jack the non-reinforced areas of the side sill. or the factory frame rails for that matter.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts