ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys kinda curious As to where some of you guys with nb1's without factory fog lights were mounting aftermarket fogs? The stock headlights leave a lot to be desired for!

·
Deez Nuts
1,596 Posts
I mounted my aftermarket fog lights in the stock location. Mines looks OEM without the yellow tint, there almost the exzact same size.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
why not upgrade your headlights rather than add aftermarket foglights (which actually hurt your night distance vision by putting down A LOT of light directly in front of the car)

HID projector upgrade time

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh really I did not know that....there really aren't any hid kits for nb ones besides the whole nb2 headlight swap correct?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
theretrofitsource.com offers multiple options on improving your headlights

The best bang for the buck is the Morimoto Mini H1 set

I've done a few retrofits using their kit so far

They are full bixenon projectors, which means you get a PROPER hid output (Not like the baby blinding plug and play kits in reflectors) but a proper cutoff (as well as an HID high beam)
Output shot is from a random google search for Mini H1

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
$270 includes everything you'll need (minus the prep and paint supplies if you chose to paint the headlights)

Both sets pictured above (not installed on the car) i've done and started full chrome OEM

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright sounds good do io need the 9006 adapter plate and wiring harness ?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
you need the H4 adapter plate(and i suggest using a wiring harness, my previous NA required it for the HID's to fire up, otherwise, only one side lit and the other constantly flickered)

harness is the H4/9003 harness

Then once it all arrives, bake the headlights apart, paint, and install the projectors, test mount/aim before resealing, then tighten everything down and reseal em in the oven

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
just don't melt your headlights lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts