·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Whoa, Keith Morris!

He's a crazy mofo.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I saw that was coming up in the latest Film Guide they just distributed here at work and checked on when it would show at our local theatre. No dates/times yet. Can't *wait!*

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I was just telling mizzphinz that it really does seem like 1986 in Houston was kind of like a supernova of shows and then in 1987 the hardcore scene was all but gone... Like it hit critical mass and burned out in a big bang. Great stuff at the time, though. SNFU in a great big warehouse called The Apocalypse Monster Club, GBH w/Agnostic Front at Cafe Mode in downtown Houston, Exploited at Cafe Mode, COC at the AMC, Circle Jerks at Cafe Mode, and it seems that the Descendants were in Houston for an extended stay for some reason... I need to dig out all the old flyers I have stashed somewhere.

I will try and see it on the big screen, and then I'm all over the DVD.

M

·
0 Posts
I never imagined there could even be a nexus between hardcore punk and Miatas! Seems a paradox to me.
#-o

Hardcore was never my cup of tea, though I did follow a couple of SST bands like Dinosaur Jr. and Husker Du.

I wasted much of my 20s-30s in the '70s-'80s Los Angeles club/new wave/power pop/Paisley Underground music scenes. But I saw many UK bands like Pistols, Clash, Jam, Damned, Only Ones, Magazine, Elvis Costello, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe...US bands like Ramones, Replacements, Blondie, Talking Heads, Devo, Pere Ubu...and local bands like X, Dream Syndicate, Plimsouls, Wednesday Week, Quick, Falcons, Great Buildings, Furys, LongRyders, Unclaimed, Rain Parade, Pandoras, Last, Fear, Go-Gos, Germs, Dickies, Angry Samoans, Blasters, Motels, Wall of Voodoo...

You can see some goofy pics of me from back in the day on my site:

http://billwilner.com/bw.html

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Not only did you edit Suburbia but you were a Punk Rawker too. You *really* are my idol now. :D

I can't even begin to name all the bands I saw as a yoot in Houston, but I was into everything, from Eurythmics to C.O.C. and S.O.D.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Finally watched the trailer (couldn't at work)

HELL YEAH!!! I'm there! I'm going to wait for this in much anticipation, and may just go see it several times while it's on the big screen.

Henry's right. You can't really explain it unless you were there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts