ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR TRADE ONLY! I have these off brand wheels that came on the car when I bought it. I'm looking for some OEM/ Stock Miata wheels WITH TIRES WITH TREAD. The wheels I have have about 40%-30% tread left. I guess you could use them as drift wheels or something, but I'm broke & need tires. These tires have curb rash & whatnot, but nothing too bad. I'm just looking for a cheap trade one some tires. Hit me up!

My name is Chase.
I'm located in Hayward, CA

·
Registered
161 Posts
You may want to rethink this decision, if those are truly Borbet wheels as the center says.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may want to rethink this decision, if those are truly Borbet wheels as the center says.
Why? Lol I haven't done any homework on these, but I just really need some tires. I'll look up on them right now.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep those man! Just get you some cheapo tires in the meantime while you save for maintenance (ie your frame issue) and SUSPENSION! Prioritize. ;)
Haha the frame issue is being taken care of as me speak. I've been reading up on these wheels and it seems like people really like them. I saw them going for as high as $350 w/ tires. This car will be my DD in a few days, so I'm just trying to get my car "drivable" at the moment. Tires are a necessity at the moment...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Walmart has tires. :p
Lol yeah I was just there today looking at them while I was passing by. The thought actually crossed my mind... How awful

·
Registered
210 Posts
not saying there's something wrong with borbet, but oem wheels are plain better.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
FOR TRADE ONLY! I have these off brand wheels that came on the car when I bought it. I'm looking for some OEM/ Stock Miata wheels WITH TIRES WITH TREAD. The wheels I have have about 40%-30% tread left. I guess you could use them as drift wheels or something, but I'm broke & need tires. These tires have curb rash & whatnot, but nothing too bad. I'm just looking for a cheap trade one some tires. Hit me up!

My name is Chase.
I'm located in Hayward, CA

am i the only one who lulz at this wording??? :littlepony:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Meh... Those Borbets look better than anything NA OEM.
Borbets? come on man, Why are you hyping up borbets, those things are heavy and could possibly look good on a different car. I would rather pick the semi or spokes than those borbets. Better yet the 15x6 BBS wheels on the M edition NA Miata any day.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
am i the only one who lulz at this wording??? :littlepony:
Lol yeah I sounded retarded. I was in a rush...

Anyways, I never specified the sizes. I'm looking for 15" or 14". 16" is too big for me. I'm pretty sure these are 15x7, but I'll have to make sure when I get my car out of the shop. The website I was looking at said that 15x7s were like 21 lbs. I'm replying to all the PMs now.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you were closer I would trade the 14s off my honda but damn everyone for living in CA.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Borbets? come on man, Why are you hyping up borbets, those things are heavy and could possibly look good on a different car. I would rather pick the semi or spokes than those borbets. Better yet the 15x6 BBS wheels on the M edition NA Miata any day.
^This. Hollows/semis/any BBS oem rim/97 M 6 spoke, and maybe even steelies.... all look better than Borbets. Borbets look like those generic rims hanging on the wall of a wheel/tire store.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Just fyi, if those wheels and tyres aren't the oem size (and I mean literally what it says on the door sticker) Walfart people won't install them. They neglected to mention that on their website, so I bought tyres from them for my NB 15s at a good price (Nitto NeoGen; yeah, I didn't know they carried decent rubber either) and because mounting is free if you buy from them. But once I got there to install them, they gave me the run around about if for half a damn day until I finally told them to chug bleach and left.

Just some food for thought if you planned on trying to save a buck by buying from Walmart. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts