ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the season is pretty much around the corner and all the companies are unveiling their new cars for the next upcoming season, I figure an F1 thread is in much need. Let's discuss whatever you guys want to about the season. Oh, and posting bad ass pictures of F1 cars/races would be awesome too!

Team McLaren seems pretty strong now. Lewis Hamilton has joined as the #2 driver next to Fernando Alonso:
http://formula1sport.net/formula-1/hamilton-accepts-number-two-status/#more-317

I've got high hopes for McLaren as long as they get their reliability problems solved this season.

My bet is a battle between Alonso, Massa, and Raikkonen. And a duel for the constructors title between Ferrari and McLaren (as long as they get their **** together).

Badass F1 pictures AHOY!

·
Registered
600 Posts
love the villeneuve pix. my best friends dad was the guy who taught villeneuve how to race.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mclaren needs to work out their reliability issues... they haven't had a reliable season in years.

renault is looking even with the top of the pack with a new driver and crappy old fisci.

ferrari is up in the air with all the new management changes and the loss of "the boss of f1" schumi. their season relies on how well kimi adapts to his new car.

i still say ferrari all the way!! kimi is the next big star in f1 anyone remember the 06 italian gp when he was in the hot tub after the engine failure!! that has nothing to do with his driving talent but it was really cool.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
renault is looking even with the top of the pack with a new driver and crappy old fisci.
I guess I can root for them now without being considered a front runner. It'll be interesting to see how they fare without Alonso.

Meanwhile, my boy is on this side of the the Pond:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
i cant decide who to root for anymore!

on the one hand, i really like kimi.

on the other, i dont root for ferarri. it's noto fun rooting for the top-dog (even though they're not top anymore, they still have that aura).

then, i've always driven hondas til now (like many of you) so honda seems to be the default. plus, i like button.

but i like kimi more.

definitely looking forward to an awesome season. and SoCal F1 Viewing Parties!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Oh, and I have a CD full of F1 videos and pictures. Many 2005 pics, lots of close-ups of cars, cars racing, and people. and the "50 years of F1 on board" as well as clips of Fangio and others.

Nowhere to upload, but more than happy to share!

PS - if you've never seen "50 years of F1 on-board", you're missing out!!!!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I guess I can root for them now without being considered a front runner. It'll be interesting to see how they fare without Alonso.

Meanwhile, my boy is on this side of the the Pond:

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/auto/getty/2006/f1/montoya_juan.jpg
seriously, i don't like him. he always always always blamed the car for his falures, he never thought his team could ever win. he was soooo pessimistic.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
seriously, i don't like him. he always always always blamed the car for his falures, he never thought his team could ever win. he was soooo pessimistic.
I will say one thing...it wasn't his fault that McClaren can't seem to finish a race without something going wrong.

That said, his attitude did suck from time to time. Still, he challeneged one of the best drivers of all time (Schuie) after winning the CART championship (among others). He's got talent, and that's why I like him :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think Ferrari is going to own...
Remember Bridgestone is the only tire supplier now. Ferrari has had years of experience dealing with Bridgestone, while McClaren and Renault are now having to adjust their suspension for the new tire construction.

I think Ferrari, coupled with Raikkonen and Massa, using Bridgestones are just to much to beat!

My personal fav is Red Bull, I'd really like to see them do well but I think it's a pipe dream. I really really want Alonso to suck it up this year hehe :D

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I just hope it's exciting. I'll continue rooting for Webber, DC, and Button, my 3 favorites. And Red Bull!!! Love me the RB teams.

I'm really hoping Kimi and Ferrari take the fight to Renault, who is rapidly becoming my least favorite team on the grid.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have high hopes for Honda. Button is an awesome driver and team Honda seems have gotten their car problems fixed. Button is a definite pole contender.

As with everyone, I REALLY don't know who to root for this year... I also have hopes for Lewis Hamilton. I liked this personality when ITV was interviewing him pre-f1 races. Getting pole all the time in GP2 is quite an accomplishment also. We shall see how the rookie fairs.

As with Montoya, I'm glad he left when he did. He was watering down the awesome that is Formula1 with his bad attitude and pessimism. Formula1 is not a sport to half ass or not be "110% in the game." Never spoke with passion like the other drivers in the pre race interviews. He's like a vacant driver with no passion to suceed it seemed. F1 is a spectacal, Montoya was not. Sorry Bryan. :)

I'm glad to hear he's doing well in NASCAR though. He found his niche. :D

I cannot wait for the new F1 season to start, its going to be fantastic!

·
2,708 Posts
It seems like every year, my hopes are built up for the upcoming season, I'm wishing my team (HONDA) does well......then it's another lackluster year with races being won in the pits, but hardly any real "racing" done. With a few notable exceptions, F1 "Racing" has been a snore-fest every since Senna died.

With that said, i'll still be still glued to the TV every sunday morning with a can of Red Bull....cheering for my beloved HONDA team.

For those that are too young to see Senna race, do yourself a favor and Youtube him. Especially watch his interviews, the only person this day and age with that much passion for racing is Valentino Rossi.

Oh, search for the Senna interview when he found out Honda was leaving F1 after the season. He was in tears talking about their relationship.......it almost made me cry!

Edit: Found the Senna interview about HOnda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPal...elated&search=

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'd really likt to see Scott Speed do better since we grew up racing karts together, but I don't think we'll see much from him.

As for people that have a chance, I'd have to say Kimi, great driver, awesome team, and Bridgestone.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
F1 is a spectical, Montoya was not. Sorry Bryan. :)
No offense taken. No one ever said being a fan is ever a rational act ;)

That said, I think I need someone new to root for (though it wouldn't surprise me to see Montoya kick butt in NASCAR) in F1. I've always been impressed with Jenson Button's results. Probably him or Massa (though I don't know if I can really become a Tifosi...) :lol:

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I'm rooting for Ferrari.
Been a fan since I was little. No real rational reason for it, other than Kimi will probably rule in the upcoming season (well....hopefully).

With Rays Engineering in the mix now, beside Enkei and BBS, this should a good season just to see whats new and how new setups are working for various people.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
yeah, i can't wait.

honda all the way though. i love 'em. they definately finally got there act together at the end of last year, and it showed. plus, i own two hondas.

as for montoya, yeah, he didn't have the best cars, but still he definately didn't do anything for the team to give him a good car. like someone else said, he just didn't seem passionate. i guess he thought to himself, why bother driving if you can't drive the best? i know the cars are a lot, but come on. michael could have done it. hehee.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts