ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone a huge FD nerd like me? Watched practice and qualifying today and I think this is shaping up to be a pretty insane year for drifting.

Ryan Tureck getting top spot during qualifying in a car that's been whored around in FD forever, what's the deal with all of the rookies, looked like it was their first time drifting today, and speaking of "rookies" Daigo Saito looking pretty good among the rookies, but some think he shouldn't be considered since his overseas success.

I also have a few of my buddies competing for the first time this year, so I'm paying extra attention.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
today got me pretty excited about it. watched practice, qualifying, and top 32 practice.

i enjoyed the top 32 practice the most. it really showed who had their car set up and had gotten rid of the first event jitters. i think the ones to watch will be:
1. daigo saito - follows crazy close and tons of smoke
2. ryan turrek - angle, speed, smoke, line... the full package
3. odi bakchis - glued to doors
4. conrad grunewald - speed and angle all the time
5. mike essa - insane smoke and angle
6. matt field - exciting entries (close to the wall) and pretty good at following
7. kyle mohan - drives with his balls out
8. george marstonovic - sexy fc and smooth driving
9. ryan kado - smooth like butter and consistent
10. darren mcnamara - FAST

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
today got me pretty excited about it. watched practice, qualifying, and top 32 practice.

i enjoyed the top 32 practice the most. it really showed who had their car set up and had gotten rid of the first event jitters. i think the ones to watch will be:
1. daigo saito - follows crazy close and tons of smoke
2. ryan turrek - angle, speed, smoke, line... the full package
3. odi bakchis - glued to doors
4. conrad grunewald - speed and angle all the time
5. mike essa - insane smoke and angle
6. matt field - exciting entries (close to the wall) and pretty good at following
7. kyle mohan - drives with his balls out
8. george marstonovic - sexy fc and smooth driving
9. ryan kado - smooth like butter and consistent
10. darren mcnamara - FAST
I agree, except Matt Fields new livery is ugly as hell.

I'm excited to see Top 32 tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some rookies that sneek into the T16 or 8.

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone catch Danny George's runs? Dude had was doing awesome on his first qualifying run, then straightened out, and then screwed up on his 2nd run too.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Anyone catch Danny George's runs? Dude had was doing awesome on his first qualifying run, then straightened out, and then screwed up on his 2nd run too.
yeah, he looked promising until he messed up both times. car seemed a bit too snappy or something.

I assume I can get tickets at the gate but can someone verify this.
yeah. standing room only though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
gittin's lead run in top 32 cracked me up. he was sooooo out of control hahaha but then he came back on the follow run and that was the best tandem run so far today.

wtf is up with all the god damn s13.4's? i hate them but everyone and their mom decided to run them this year. it's weird.

·
Registered
100 Posts
its fun to watch, but christ what I would do for a proper announcer (i.e. british accent)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey cr.net I got 2 VIP wristbands that are unused hit me up if you want them
$20 each or trade me for miata stuff! Lol you can go in and out with these wristbands!!

hit me up 714.880.2750

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pretty rad event today, some questionable calls, but still it didn't effect the best drivers from the podium. 2012 is going to be an insane year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts