ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I plan on getting a Garage Vary panel for my car in the next month or so. I have been looking at ideas for the rear taillights being I can not find the portacab ones. I have called over a dozen places trying to get them even calling places in Europe and china.

To my amazement I was looking at lights and I came across these. These Look almost exactly like the portacab lights. The have got to be the closest thing to the portacab lights. This could be a great alternative other than the Lamborghini lights I see being used a lot as of late.. The only difference I have came across is the line between the lights is a tad bit thicker and the screw hole-holes.

http://floridasidecarproducts.com/sidecar_accessories

Here are the lights.

Back of the lights. There is even a hole for the light to be cutout to put and light socket. You can also cutout your own light socket in the bottom.

Insides.

Here is a photo of a portcab gv light. They are so close it blows my mind.

Here is what I typically see being used.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I read they where identical. Being both lights had the same part number.\
Nope. Non-interchange.

and here I am, an NB owner with almost no chance of getting my hands on a set of GV tail lights. NA tail lights don't fit NBs right?
If only GV made tails for the NB. What a shame right :fp:
(granted they are OOP but they're not too hard to find. plenty exist)

Also finally to chime in, these lights are ugly and even if they fit, I wouldn't run them. The screw in the center just ruins everything.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,877 Posts
Sorry boss. The Porter lights are roughly 5" in diameter (128mm) and not very thick. Perhaps 10-15mm. The lights you linked are 3.5" diameter and 2" thick. :(

B-B-B-B-B-BONER KILL!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Damn, I also looked for nice round lights to make a panel with 2 rounds lights on each side but I could find any that have the right size/design/specifications. I already got 10 different samples but none of them are acceptable. :(

There are the lotus elise lights but they are so expensive that woule put the whole set at 1000 USD.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's wrong with those Hella Pac-man looking ones? They're the right size (125mm) and they look great. At least I think they look great. And it's hard to beat $25 each.
Where are you getting them for 25$ Each? I see them for 45$-60$ each? I can't find it. I seen a photo of the diablo lights installed on a panel and it looked rather nice.

http://www.nengun.com/garage-vary/nostalgic-tail-conversion

This place says they can order the gv tail lamps right off there website.

We have a shop here in phoenix that has vehicles like the ones that these lights came off of. I have seen them. off the freeway. Maybe they can get them.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Doing some homework. Not a porta cab it's called a porter cab. These where famous from the late 60's till the late 80's They stopped making them and Hyundai bought them out and they now make the vehicle. Sad thing is I came across photos of these sitting in fields and junkyards sometimes 10-20 of them at a time. There has to be a way to get these lights more available for us Americans. They are out there and from what I gather they made millions of these trucks and it one of the most popular in china in it's day. The lights came off of a 73-89 models

1 - 20 of 54 Posts