ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Semi off topic, but still somewhat relevant.

Regardless of whether you choose to get the original porter cab tails or some alternative ones, is there any function to those fiberglass pieces that go behind the finish panel found in the original kit? Does it provide some type of additional support for the tail light housings, or is it fine just bolting them up to the panel itself? The replica panel does not include this piece.

Heres some pics straight from Revs site so you guys know what im talking about.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1386751448.622443.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1386751471.193908.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1386751479.441644.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Other function? Judging by the seal on the back of it, it looks like it prevents water from getting into the trunk.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
One of our local guys, vej if you know him, has LED trailer lights in his GV panel. They're all red and look just fine imo.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
One of our local guys, vej if you know him, has LED trailer lights in his GV panel. They're all red and look just fine imo.
Black? I seen a photo on google of a gv panel with leds but I cant imagine how I would wire them to have a turn signal to being there in the same lens I have some altezza tail light covers I pulled off my lights maybe they will work.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey Guys,

So I finally got the samples of the LED lights and they look great! Basically my rear panel will have 4 lights (Lotus Elise Style), the two on the outside will be tail/stop/direction and the 2 in the inside will be tail/stop/reverse.

Now I narrowed my choice to 2 versions. The one without the plastic surround is 122mm and the one with the plastic surround is 125mm. Could you tell me which one you prefer? For me it would be the one without the black plastic surround! Let me know please!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
OK yeah I agree. Oh and there is a minimum order quantity. I have to get a minimum of 100 pcs/reference. 2 references so 200 pieces so for people interested in getting a set without the panel, don't hesitate to ask me!

FYI these lights have all the certifications required for USA and Europe.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts