ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes I definitely hope so!!! This panel is the first piece I wanted to you when I started CarbonMiata but never found any lights to fit on it!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
They do. I will find the link tomorrow. I think the whole set up was around 1200$ Because the rear panel was 800$'sh and the lights where 120$'sh apiece and the backup was 80$'sh
The legit rear panel is $250 on yahoo auctions. Anyone who pays that much for a panel is just paying the uneducated tax. Total cost for a panel should never be more than $400 shipped to your door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Black? I seen a photo on google of a gv panel with leds but I cant imagine how I would wire them to have a turn signal to being there in the same lens I have some altezza tail light covers I pulled off my lights maybe they will work.
Yes. Vej's car is matte black vinyl with a custom aluminum trunk spoiler, hardtop, small flares, CCW-look wheels, plus the obvious GV panel with all-red lamps.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Finally received the Lotus Elise style lights.

They are 122mm diameter and full LED.

The outer lights will be sidelights/tail/stop and the inner ones reverse/tail/stop.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Fitted them on a GV panel to see the result. Looks pretty good IMO but the panel I am preparing will be definitely more awesome. :phillyb:

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Your shorty bumper looks great with the GV panel, and those lights look great too in there. Really like what you have been coming up with Marc, doing a great job.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hate to bump an old thread but here are some alternatives being used

Also this

I can find plenty of 4.25 in sizes for tails from trailers but not sure how they will actually look on the car as thats a bit smaller than ~5.25 in GV tails

Can anybody pinpoint the lights above? I spend the entire night yesterday trying to find a manufacturer or even the size.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've well looked into the rallylights.com option. I believe there were two formats of those lights available. One bigger then GV, one small. Either way not too much of a fan of those especially considering Hella has a number of same format lights with different stiles (4.3in) but they are all overseas on Amazon.

I see your own reverse light DIY, pretty clever! That link you posted also looks pretty close!

Still trying to find out what that LED light is that they used in second car and or the size. I'm sure its a truck or trailer light of some kind. A few hours of looking got me to find a huge variety of stuff but hard to pinpoint what will fit well or be proper sized to 133mm.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts