ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Name's Paul. I've been lurking for awhile on numerous miata forums, but I figure I would finally introduce myself with my ls1 buildup starting up. Its gonna be a slow buildup, but I'll try to keep up with posts as much as I can.

I picked up my red 1990 miata a few years back and its a rust free California car. For Wisconsin, that's pretty rare. I only drove it when the roads around here were salt free. At the end of last summer, the clutch finally went out in it. I pulled it around back, threw a car cover over it, and its been sitting there ever since.

Last week I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a 1999 camaro z28 ls1 engine, completely rebuilt F-body T56 trans, and an iron 8.8 diff with a 3.27 posi from a Thunderbird supercoupe. I'm planning on picking up the V8Roadsters kit in the near future.

I don't have certain build date I'm trying to hit, but I plan on doing it the best way I can and I'm gonna take my time. I attached a few pics of everything so far.

So until next time, take it easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hurry up. :D
Nice :) . I'm still early in the parts collecting phase. Any of you lsx alumni out there ever try a 3.05 ring and pinion in a lsx powered miata? I'm gonna be rebuilding the ford 8.8 and figured I would get the insight since its going to be torn down anyways. Take it easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received one more small piece of the parts puzzle yesterday from rock auto. If you're looking for one of those smaller "truck" starters and don't know which truck to ask for at the parts store, I got one from a 2005 silverado 1500 with the 5.3 motor. The one I got is anywhere from 5.25" to 5.625" long (depending on what side you're looking at) from the end of the motor side to the inner face mounting block.

Maybe that will help somebody later on down the road. Take it easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts