ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added to our product line up. V8 Roadsters frame rails for the 90-05 cars.

• 14 gauge steel
  • Powder coated for corrosion resistance
  • Laser cut V8 Roadsters logo
  • 15 lbs total weight (both rails)
  • 7/16" grade 8 zinc coated hardware included
  • Burly enough to be used as jacking points
  • Made in the USA

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
NICE. Guess I now know the next thing on my to add to my "want to buy" list.....thats realistic anyways :p

think I may get them but save installing them till summer when I do the frog arms & ES bushings with zerks :)

·
Banana Stand Manager
444 Posts
how would one go about modifying these to work with the NB2 braces?
Presumably the same way you'd modify the other frame rails on the market to fit NB2. One of the cross bars has to be removed or a small cutout made in either frame rail to retain the bar. Easy peasy

·
Registered
584 Posts
These are sweet...and well priced.

Noticed the Brainstorm underbody braces are no longer on the 949 Racing site though...shame!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Something this cheap should not bump me into Prepared. :(
Are you sure it does? I just bought Flyin miata rails(shame because theses are better priced and have the cool roadster sign :cry2:) after reading longitudinal or fore-aft braces are fine just not ones that go cross body in street touring.

Would frame rails be considered lateral? I thought the only ones not allowed were butterfly braces

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Are you sure it does? I just bought Flyin miata rails(shame because theses are better priced and have the cool roadster sign :cry2:) after reading longitudinal or fore-aft braces are fine just not ones that go cross body in street touring.

Would frame rails be considered lateral? I thought the only ones not allowed were butterfly braces
welcome to XP. yes, they are not allowed in other classes. i have FM ones already. but cool product.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was about to pick up a NIB set of FM rails on Craigslist for the same price as these. So it's a tough choice. 949 are 15 lbs, FM are 13 lbs. FM are stainless steel, 949 are powder coated with zinc hardware. 949 definitely look cooler than FM. 949-$125\FM-$159
All in all, I bet the difference in stiffening is negligible. 949 is sponsor of CR and FM is a sponser for m.net. That's what I could find.

·
Registered
574 Posts
will they sit lower than orginal frame rails? my frame rails are already 1 and half inch off ground i dont want to raise car or scrape even more

·
Supporting Member
272 Posts
Just got mine from 949 today! They look awesome. For the same reasons as prescottrogers said, I went with them.

I will be installing them in the next couple of days but won't be able to write a review as the car won't be running till summer. I did, however, want to give props to Emilio/949 for a well-priced, nicely finished product!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts