ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Tech Day was such a success, I'll try it some more...

...I'm arranging another cross-pollination, everyone-with-a-Miata/Mx-5/Eunos/Roadster-is-welcome, cross-generational, don't-care-if-you're-a-club-member-or-not, don't-care-what-your-car-looks-like, super-fucking-fun-social event. Mark your calendars. Be there or be square, bitches.

WHAT:
Friday Night At The Drive-In

WHERE:
Vineland Drive-In
443 N Vineland Ave
City of Industry, CA 91746
(626) 961-9262

WHEN:
Friday, 11 August 2006 7PM til late

HOST:
Mr.Woolery

DESCRIPTION:
There's nothing quite like a night out at the drive in, and now's your chance to live (or relive) the experience! The Vineland Drive-In theatre is one of the very last drive-in theatres remaining in California, with four different screens playing a variety of movies (movie to be determined by the host on the day of the event). This is your chance to experience the nostalgia & fun of the American drive-in before they've disappeared into history. Bring your main squeeze, your steady, or your next Friday night hentai victim and get ready for a grand 'ol time! Box office opens at 7:30pm, movies begin when it gets dark.

COST:
$7.00 per person for entry into theatre, more if you want to eat vintage/nostaligic/old skool junk food.
Box office opens at 7:30pm, movies begin when it gets dark.

·
Registered
441 Posts
broke back mountain will be fitting hahahahah

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I open this event up to the Lotus Elise crowd?

·
2,708 Posts
Absolutely.

I vote for a motorsport-themed movie. Like "Le Mans" or "Grand Prix", or even "American Graffiti". Maybe "Rendezvous" as an opener. :)

I'm in.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely.

I vote for a motorsport-themed movie. Like "Le Mans" or "Grand Prix", or even "American Graffiti". Maybe "Rendezvous" as an opener. :)

I'm in.
Uh, I don't own the drive-in theatre. I can't pick the movies that'll be playing, and I don't know what they'll be playing the day we go (though they should have 4 first run movies to choose from). I will, however, pick one of the four movies that will be playing that weekend at the theatre so our crowd can all stick together.

M

·
0 Posts
Throwing down the gauntlet, eh, Mr. Woolery-san?

So I have 5 weeks to get my car completed, eh?

:shock:

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to pitch an invite to the Lotus and Mini crowds as well. Let's see how many friends we can bring. :)

·
2,708 Posts
Absolutely.

I'm in.
Uh, I don't own the drive-in theatre. I can't pick the movies that'll be playing, and I don't know what they'll be playing the day we go (though they should have 4 first run movies to choose from). I will, however, pick one of the four movies that will be playing that weekend at the theatre so our crowd can all stick together.
Ahhh....the "Host" thing threw me off. #-o

Should be a good time regardless.

yay! I get to sit on my roll bar.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries, mate. :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts