ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo before I run out and buy possible sketchy upper arms...
Ie: eBay ****.

I was wondering how much adjustability there is for the stock arms on an NA. It doesn't seem like much. second lastly, How would I go about adjusting oem ones?

Aswell, are there any quality companies out there that make them?

Thank you !
Ps. Sorry if this is a reoccurring topic, I search around a bit but couldn't find my awnser

·
4,296 Posts
first of all .
what are you trying to accomplish?
you should be able to get enough camber out of the oem adjustments. about 3 degrees is max , you shouldnt need more . if your over 3 degrees you might be too low for your shocks to work anyway. 2.5 up front is what i like.
the adjustment is with the eccentric bolts . the rear is mainly to adjust Caster, the front is mainly for Camber.
they both effect each other . usually Caster is done first , then Camber. then Toe with the tie rods.

are you looking at the adjustable arms on ebay. ?
ive been curious about those also , as i cant seem to get enough camber , and maintain the max caster to match both sides.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first of all .
what are you trying to accomplish?
you should be able to get enough camber out of the oem adjustments. about 3 degrees is max , you shouldnt need more . if your over 3 degrees you might be too low for your shocks to work anyway. 2.5 up front is what i like.
the adjustment is with the eccentric bolts . the rear is mainly to adjust Caster, the front is mainly for Camber.
they both effect each other . usually Caster is done first , then Camber. then Toe with the tie rods.

are you looking at the adjustable arms on ebay. ?
ive been curious about those also , as i cant seem to get enough camber , and maintain the max caster to match both sides.
Well I got my new coils and RUAAs in, so the rear should be groovy, but I will be tryin to tuck 15x9 et0 on the front ( yes I know it's common)
But I will need to camber the **** out of the front so ther will clear.

Id rather set up the oem ones with camber. As I know their quality is good...unlike the eBay ones, however I'm tempted to try them.

But -2.5 degrees sounds to be good.

Now ppl can flame me if they want...but I don't have a clue on how the fronts adjust.
Can it be explained?

·
Registered
716 Posts
You need an alignment machine to get accurate readings. You wouln't even be close if you try to eye-ball it (I know, I'm an alignment tech). Take it to a shop, give them your specs. Before i got certified, I used to bring in donuts for the crew (a dozen or so) since a "custom" job take a little more effort than just getting it within factory spec.

If you want to take a crack at it yourself...... and then take it to a shop after you mess it up :mrgreen:..........

Tie rods adjust toe (I perfer 0* at all 4 corners), the first cam on the arm (closest to the front) adjusts caster. I usually get the camber I want, then try to max out the caster without sacrificing camber. Camber is the second cam. All of this comes with an "IIRC" label.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get wheels that fit the car!

The **** you are trying to do is so fucking dumb!

You have a 9inch rim and ride on 3inchs of it FUCKING DUMB!

Sorry had to get that out!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have -3 in the front and -3.5 in the rear. I am fitting 15x8 0/-6 with a flat roll and minor pulling. I had -5.8 degrees of camber in the rear at one time. So the stock parts will do the trick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get wheels that fit the car!

The **** you are trying to do is so fucking dumb!

You have a 9inch rim and ride on 3inchs of it FUCKING DUMB!

Sorry had to get that out!
This may be so...
But I have faith ;)

Those are actually the rears fitted on the front, they are 195/50s
Which are too fat...so I'm waiting for my 195/45s to come in.

I think I will just do that...go to an alignment shop that is...but I'm unsure of the amount of competent shops that do lowered cars... Edmonton blows.... Hahah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts