ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a front license plate bracket that'd fit an NA8? If things go according to plan I should be picking one up this Saturday and since VA is totally ghey, I'd need a front license plate.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Thanks a lot, that's better than the stock type ones I was thinking about - they tend to deform the front bumper.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Heheh, 6 months of driving the car in cop flooded NOVA/Tysons/Vienna and just a warning from one Reston cop at the end of the month.

Even got pulled over a couple of times with no mention of the lack of front plate!

But... At the same time, offset plates look damn cool.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Heheh, 6 months of driving the car in cop flooded NOVA/Tysons/Vienna and just a warning from one Reston cop at the end of the month.

Even got pulled over a couple of times with no mention of the lack of front plate!

But... At the same time, offset plates look damn cool.
had my car for nearly a year now, never been hassled for no front plate, even the 2 times I was pulled over. none the less I still want to make a side mount bracket.

sometimes an oem license braket pops up on ebay. you can cut that thing up pretty easily and alter it to a side mount that doesnt damage the body.

I could probably make one myself but I dont have many tools to do the job so it would sort of be a pain in the ass. I suppose I could beat some metal with a rachet or something. hahaa.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, well....slight problem. The previous owner (well, still current until Sat.) yanked the original plate bracket as expected but also took the two front tow hooks off as well.

Is there any way I can still fabricate a license plate braket without the baby teeth? I don't have a miata to mock one up.

I'm trying to lay low on the police front because I seem to have bad luck with them. I swear they have blacklists of people that they just harass one time after another.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm looking for a side mount license plate bracket that I gotten as a .dwf file from forever ago.

EDIT!

Got it. It's a DWG. Dimensioned to all hell, so you can't go wrong! You should be able to get a reader from AutoDesk online somewhere.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, crap, I can't attach a .dwg...

Here's a .zip!

Since you're in Richmond, which is damn close, let me know if you want to make a set of these. I desperately want one (just to be cool with the front plate guys!) so we can either get someone to laser cut a couple or at least save on the sheet metal costs.

Attachments

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What program do you use to open a .dwg? I'm on a mac and it automatically chose Adobe Illustrator but then said the format was unrecognizable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let me know how this works out for people.

Oh, and for the record, this was not my own creation in any way, shape, or form. I added a couple of dimension lines, since I print screened it into a jpeg, but nothing more.

Once again, though, if anyone in NOVA wants to get a machine shop or has access to a laser cutter I'd pay money (materials and then some) for a run of these.

Plus, I know a good supply shop to sell a run of stainless or aluminum or whatever.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Um.. I removed mine when i bought the car. (Stock license plate bracket).. not required in DE... can be yours for the cost of shipping. shoot me an email if your interested. [email protected]

-Jeremy

·
Registered
514 Posts
bolts to two holes on the top of the mouth...

oh and i got lucky.. the shitty bra that was on teh car when i bought it protected the front from the dreaded dimples... About the only good thing that fucking bra did.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as the stock braket goes, couldn't you just bend it outwards to avoid making contact with the bumper?

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can bend it out, and you can put rubber bumpers on the back of it...

But when someone "parks by feel" and comes to see your license plate is just fine... But don't realize they pushed your nose in... All is not well in the Land of the Roadster.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts