ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove the front driver side stock spring and shock but the control arm wont drop down to allow any room to slide it to get it out. Any advice on how to get it out?

·
(⌐■_■)
2,359 Posts
Step on it. What method are you using? There's a bolt you have to remove underneath the shock assembly

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
^ Use that method. Esp with the stock setup, they are a little trickier to remove being how long they are. Step on that hoe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sway bar is off. Everythings so rusty its been being a pain in the ass haha. Thanks for the input. I'll search some more.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Spring compressors + pry down on the A-arms with a big f***in' pipe. Probably easier than the san diego method if everything is rusty because it saves you taking loose a few bolts you'd probably have to fight with...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stepping on the end worked for me. But if u have a lot of rust why wont you remove everything, hit it with a wire brush on a dremel and then some rust proof paint...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I used the handle of my floor jack as leverage to push the arm down. I was by myself and I literally push the handle with my thigh while I wrestled the fucking thing out. All this after disconnecting the sway bar and all.

Do this at your own risk. Better yet use a cup! mine slipped for a second and was rally close to hitting the crown jewels!

·
Registered
412 Posts
that link for the "san diego" method is lame.

Using the "long bolt" method, with the wheel off and the tools in reach, I can pull the fronts in under 5 min per side without messing up the alignment.

Remove 14mm bolts from top of shock
remove 17mm bolt from bottom of shock
remove 12mm bolt holding brake line from shock
Pull the 14mm bolt from bottom link of sway bay
loosen 12mm sway bar mount to frame
loosen and slide out till clear the long bolt
push down on wheel assembly and pull shock out from the top towards you.
Reverse
easy

Spring compressors needed for spring removal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts